Question What causes this ingame error?

Portables
Dear portablizers,

I thought that I finished the portable (OMGWTF trim) that has been waiting uncompleted on the shelf for two years. But I seem to get an ingame (GC) error every time when I play for a few minutes: An error has occurred. Turn the Power Off and check the Nintendo GameCube Instruction Booklet for further instructions. It occurs when using Portablizemii, BBloader, and also the new RVloader. Therefore, I suppose it is a hardware (connectivity) fault, but what could it be? A search on Google says that the cause is a disconnected disk drive in the original Gamecube. Therefore, could it be the USB (magnet) wires connecting the USB to the board?

Regards,

Sam

Last edited:
Hello, friend, you need to connect MX chip. If you don't connect it, there may be an error as you said.

Portables
The Wii motherboard anatomy says it is optional, and the functions it has don't seem to be part of the games that cause the error. Therefore, are you sure?

And the good news is that it hasn't occurred since separating the USB magnet wires at the ends.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Can you provide some clear photos of your trim and all of your wiring? It's hard to diagnose a problem that we can't see