Question Vga video not supported in gamecube games

Hello guys, I need a little help with this issue, I have installed the rvloader patches for Vga on an OM4 inside the Wii-u gamepad and everything works fine with Wii games but with gamecube, many games do not show an image and the display shows me It says video not supported, activating the interlaced video option in the game menu, some are shown but others are not, the problem will be the compatibility of the display? I read I don't know where now that if the rvloader version 1.1 was not installed on the Wii then there would be an image problem in the interface in vga mode so that's what I did, add version 1.1 and use 1.6 on the SD, this is correct ?

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Hello guys, I need a little help with this issue, I have installed the rvloader patches for Vga on an OM4 inside the Wii-u gamepad and everything works fine with Wii games but with gamecube, many games do not show an image and the display shows me It says video not supported, activating the interlaced video option in the game menu, some are shown but others are not, the problem will be the compatibility of the display? I read I don't know where now that if the rvloader version 1.1 was not installed on the Wii then there would be an image problem in the interface in vga mode so that's what I did, add version 1.1 and use 1.6 on the SD, this is correct ?
Make sure you press B on the game in RVLoader enable enable progressive mode.

Make sure you press B on the game in RVLoader enable enable progressive mode.
When I get back from work I try it, do I activate the option in all the games or only in the ones that are not visible?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
For me, some games never display properly on launch even with progressive scan forced. In my case, the games were loading, but just weren't displaying the progressive scan menu that's baked into the game itself. Progressive scan is selected by default in that menu, so pressing A repeatedly after the game boots allows me to confirm it, and then a second later the game displays correctly.

For me, some games never display properly on launch even with progressive scan forced. In my case, the games were loading, but just weren't displaying the progressive scan menu that's baked into the game itself. Progressive scan is selected by default in that menu, so pressing A repeatedly after the game boots allows me to confirm it, and then a second later the game displays correctly.
The same thing about starting the video a little later happens to me with some but there are others where there is no sign that the image is shown, it simply gives me a video message that is not supported on the display, if I change to composite video the game is already visible normally but if I select the 60hz option the image looks shaky, I don't know if it has to do with one thing and the other, I mean the display defaults to 50hz and that's why it doesn't show it

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
The same thing about starting the video a little later happens to me with some but there are others where there is no sign that the image is shown, it simply gives me a video message that is not supported on the display, if I change to composite video the game is already visible normally but if I select the 60hz option the image looks shaky, I don't know if it has to do with one thing and the other, I mean the display defaults to 50hz and that's why it doesn't show it
Make sure you are using NTSC versions of games, PAL copies are very hit-and-miss with forcing progressive.

Make sure you are using NTSC versions of games, PAL copies are very hit-and-miss with forcing progressive.
Well, the truth is that I use PAL games, I will try better with the NTSC ones to see if they load better, thanks for the information

Thus, the loading of the games has been a success, the NTSC version does not give any errors, even without selecting the forced progressive video, it loads a couple of seconds after starting the game by pressing the and accepting the change to progressive in the game , Thank you very much for the clarification