Question Swiss, Audio, and Bootup issues

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
Are you saying I check continuity from disc drive pins to alternative pins on those small chips?
Am I supposed to be checking continuity with the thing on top of the mobo as well?I'm not sure what that is, but if it has something to do with the installation process I used a megadrive as opposed to directly wiring it.
Ok so if you used a MEGAdrive, check continuity from those ICs to the points you soldered on the MEGAdrive.

I checked the continuity from the megadrive to the ICs and everything checks out, but the games still load to 100 percent then never execute. The blue tab on my sd card card ffc cable came off, so i have been carefully lining the cable to the blue tab when plugging it in. Also, some of the pins on the cable are slightly bent. Could this be the issue even though the swiss menu boots up? probably going to buy some new cables soon...

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
I checked the continuity from the megadrive to the ICs and everything checks out, but the games still load to 100 percent then never execute. The blue tab on my sd card card ffc cable came off, so i have been carefully lining the cable to the blue tab when plugging it in. Also, some of the pins on the cable are slightly bent. Could this be the issue even though the swiss menu boots up? probably going to buy some new cables soon...
You could check if it's an issue by checking continuity between the WASP and SD card socket if you can find pin outs.

OK. I have tried using different host and sd card ffc cables, as well as different wasp fusions and it is still not getting past the 100 percent executed screen. bios battery also still not working despite the fact my multimeter says the GC is getting 2-3 volts. Could the bios battery issue and the wasp fusion issue somehow be linked? I don't remember having one issue occur before the other.

Bakuku

Portables
OK. I have tried using different host and sd card ffc cables, as well as different wasp fusions and it is still not getting past the 100 percent executed screen. bios battery also still not working despite the fact my multimeter says the GC is getting 2-3 volts. Could the bios battery issue and the wasp fusion issue somehow be linked? I don't remember having one issue occur before the other.
I send you a pm