Solved Power Problem

Paulo

Hello
I've been working on my first portable for some time now and I got to the testing phase now.
I want to see how much voltage the regs are outputing so I use my multimeter for the job.
First I check how much voltage comes from the output of the cmb and I have around 7.4v.
Then I connect the reg and check the voltage it outputs and.... Nothing!
I put my multimeter to the 200mV and I have a very low reading something like 2 or 3 mV.
After that I check again how much voltage the cmb outputs and it is giving only 1.7v.
As soon as I disconnect the reg the cmb outputs 7.4v as usual.
For what I can see, as soon as I connect the reg the output from the cmb drops from 7.4v to 1.7v.
This happens in all 4 custom regs.
I've checked again and again if I've done any mistake on the wiring on the regs but everything looks good.
The cmb wiring is also good so I'm a bit lost here.
Im using the pth08080wah and the red cmb from the "portable and bateries" guide.
Anyone has got a solution for this?
Thanks

Last edited:

Paulo

Update:
I've connected the regs directly to a wall power suply of 12v and the regs work well.
So my guess is that the problem comes from the bateries.
Not sure why, the wiring was well done and it outputs 7.4v, but the moment i connect it to the regs it drops so low that its not enough to power the regs.
Any ideas?

UPDATE 2:
I've figured it out.
The CBM had the output locked.
To unlock it I had to activate the charging function once.
Once done it outputs normaly.

Last edited:

BocuD

Portables
Hello
I've been working on my first portable for some time now and I got to the testing phase now.
I want to see how much voltage the regs are outputing so I use my multimeter for the job.
First I check how much voltage comes from the output of the cmb and I have around 7.4v.
Then I connect the reg and check the voltage it outputs and.... Nothing!
I put my multimeter to the 200mV and I have a very low reading something like 2 or 3 mV.
After that I check again how much voltage the cmb outputs and it is giving only 1.7v.
As soon as I disconnect the reg the cmb outputs 7.4v as usual.
For what I can see, as soon as I connect the reg the output from the cmb drops from 7.4v to 1.7v.
This happens in all 4 custom regs.
I've checked again and again if I've done any mistake on the wiring on the regs but everything looks good.
The cmb wiring is also good so I'm a bit lost here.
Im using the pth08080wah and the red cmb from the "portable and bateries" guide.
Anyone has got a solution for this?
Thanks
The voltage drop is probably caused by some sort of short in your regs. Your regs might be toast as well, but I can't be sure without pics. Can you post some?

Paulo

The voltage drop is probably caused by some sort of short in your regs. Your regs might be toast as well, but I can't be sure without pics. Can you post some?
Like I said in the comment, i figured out the problem.
Thanks anyway :)

BocuD

Portables
Like I said in the comment, i figured out the problem.
Thanks anyway :)
Ah ic, nice. Wasn't edited when I commented iirc.