Worklog Plux3c - Pc gaming into ps3 fat case

Luigid

Hi guys, I present to you a new project, or rather a project finished years ago (2016) practically destroyed and rebuilt in progress:

the old project had an fm2 + card with an A10 7700k, then integrated gpu and 500gb mechanical hdd.
the new project in progress includes:
  • X99 motherboard by china
  • Xeon E5 2630 V3 8 core 16 Thereds 3,2ghz
  • 16gb ddr4 1866mhz (limited by cpu)
  • R9 fury nano (mi8 server gpu modded)
  • Original power supply ps3 fat (like old project)
  • original ps3 fat smart card reader (like old project)
  • Wifi + BT
  • storage : ssd nvme 256gb + 500gb 2.5 hdd
after years of abandonment I find the project in these conditions:

The project is more or less clear, unfortunately the video card will have to be external to the case due to the space, the videos are for now concentrated on the functioning of the card using the ps3 power supply + mod regulators, I have to search / remember how I did to make Turn on the motherboard with the contactless touch like original ps3.:rothink:
I have to receive the last pieces (pci express extension, wifi card, etc.), but I can continue to work as I can, I also have to find the card cover that I have lost after all these years:'(

Luigid

I just put the video card in place, the fans were fixed with cables on the heatsink, now they each have 4 screws + I found a cable that fits the connector so that everything can be easily disassembled.

Luigid

I created a circuit to simulate an atx power supply, in this way the original ps3 power supply became in effect an atx power supply!