God I hate the name I gave this, but it looks like having two 'i's is a requirement around here. I've always wanted a mini N64, but it looks like Nintendo isn't going to be doing that any time soon, so I must take matters into my own hands. I've considered making an N64 case for a raspberry pi, or any small PC, but it still looks like emulation on those systems sucks hard. My personal standards for runtime performance are pretty strict, and it looks like N64 emulation on anything small just plain sucks for a large number of games (it's not even that great on a full-blown gaming PC IMO). But, I've always been pleased with the performance and picture quality of the N64 VC console games on the Wii. And when I learned a couple weeks ago that the Wii can be trimmed to the size of a credit card, I knew what I had to do. Fit a Wii into a 60% scale model of an N64 Put Game Cube ports on the front Install every N64 VC release on it (only 21 games, but most of my favs are on there) Make some N64 controllers into functioning Game Cube controllers (alternatively) Make an N64-to-gamecube converter (the opposite of what you can find online) First the case. I couldn't find any good existing models of the N64 online. I found one RPi case that mostly met my standards, but I didn't want to mess with direct STL editing; I wanted something easy work with in Fusion360. So, I decided I'd make it from scratch. I imported the drawings from Nintendo's original patent application as canvasses in Fusion 360 and learned how to use their sculpting tools (the N64 is pretty curvy, and I couldn't think of any way to use more traditional modelling techniques). I may make a tutorial on this at some point, but I want to wait until after I've competed my case. After WAY too long, I ended up pretty happy with the result. I've spent the last week working out how to do the power and reset switches in a way that doesn't rely on glue to keep the slider and button attached to the case. After a few different approaches to the power switch, I settled on the following. The slider body consists of 3 separate pieces glued together. The little locking legs are printed flat on the bed, and glued into slots in the slider. This was for two reasons: I didn't want to use supports to print it, and this makes them less fragile when bending them. The power switch is a cheap little slide switch I bought a 100 pack of on Amazon. Above are the components before assembly (I printed just a small part of the top of the case to test). And this is the assembled switch. The PCB is held in with screws, so everything can be easily disassembled. In addition to holding the switch, the PCB prevents the locking tabs from bending in and allowing the slider to pop off. This is the reset switch. Unfortunately, I had to use a clicky tact switch for this one. Both my switch assemblies need to be super low profile or they will interfere with the controller ports. This is a low profile, two-legged tact switch I had laying around. It works beautifully, but doesn't feel like the real thing . Oh well, I can't spend forever getting a button that nobody uses feel just right. Next, I'm going to design the cutouts for the control ports, but to test things, I'm going to need some control ports to test fit. So, I'll be shifting over to installing PortablizeMii on the Wii, and then chopping parts out!