Worklog My First PS2 Portable

Hello everyone and welcome to my first ever work log! I am making my very first PS2 Portable and uploading my progress to YouTube and on this work log.

I have most of my parts so far but am waiting for others.

Special thanks to MRKane and Dominatory for helping me out in my question thread (probably would have given up otherwise). Thank you two so much for the very helpful information you have given me over the last few weeks :D:D:D.

Here is my introduction video for my project. Enjoy :D (sorry for low quality camera).
it doesn't look low quality to me but looking good on your progress mate keep it up.
and remember to insulate and free wire ends to not cause short circuits.

it doesn't look low quality to me but looking good on your progress mate keep it up.
and remember to insulate and free wire ends to not cause short circuits.
Thanks, I will do those things :D I will also be uploading another video here soon.

Hey again, next worklog video!

not bad !

-merge-

just a heads up your gonna need a step down if our gonna use that batterypack due to the fact that will be giving out 14v which would fry the ps2.

Mod note: please edit your posts

Last edited by a moderator:
not bad !

-merge-

just a heads up your gonna need a step down if our gonna use that batterypack due to the fact that will be giving out 14v which would fry the ps2.

Mod note: please edit your posts
Ok then I'll step down. 2 batteries? It would output 7.4v

Ok then I'll step down. 2 batteries? It would output 7.4v
sadly even that wouldn't work out due to the fact once the battery drops below 7v everything will turn out. and since its not a trimmable model and all it cannot do the 5 or 6v mode to run off of a 2S battery pack. best bet might be 4S and step down or 3S and step down ,
4S and step down might be best choice tho. currently im having a lil issues with my 3s and step down.

sadly even that wouldn't work out due to the fact once the battery drops below 7v everything will turn out. and since its not a trimmable model and all it cannot do the 5 or 6v mode to run off of a 2S battery pack. best bet might be 4S and step down or 3S and step down ,
4S and step down might be best choice tho. currently im having a lil issues with my 3s and step down.
Ok that sucks. Mind explaining what 2S means? Also here is my next work log video:

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Since (I assume) you aren't using the dd, you could do a 2S2P config, since the low voltage cutoff for the batteries is around that of the PS2's input requirements

Since (I assume) you aren't using the dd, you could do a 2S2P config, since the low voltage cutoff for the batteries is around that of the PS2's input requirements
How would I go about doing that? This is how my batteries look right now:

Attachments

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
You'll need to change that holder if you want to use it, it's currently set up to support 4s1p