Question LMAO Trim / U4 Relocation

Hello, I'm finally starting my first trim on a Wii, I decided to start with a LMAO trim. However I only found detailed guides for the OMGWTF / OM6, but still not for the LMAO/Omega, and I was wondering if at least I could know how to relocate U4.

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
You can trim the OMGWTF smaller if you aren't afraid to make not-straight cuts. The LMAO trim doesnt save much room compared to the OMGWTF especially if you cut as much as possible and the level of difficulty goes way up. If you haven't done this before I wouldn't recommend going for it (as someone who has done a successful LMAO myself).

Thanks. Today I'll finish the trim and test if it works, then I will see where to stop. Also I already did the nand relocation, so it would be a waste not to do a lmao trim.

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
Thanks. Today I'll finish the trim and test if it works, then I will see where to stop. Also I already did the nand relocation, so it would be a waste not to do a lmao trim.
So you got the NAND-Bend working? nice.
Did you already do the LDO relocation? If not, i would recommend doing so before trimming..

U4 is the LDO (sorry for being ignorant), but I don't know exactly how to rewire it

Also I already started the trim in the voltage area, so I'll have to try it when it's done

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
U4 is the LDO (sorry for being ignorant), but I don't know exactly how to rewire it
First make sure to grab the small resistors, those set the voltage output of the LDO, then just heat it with a heat gun until you can lift it up

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Measure continuity or look where the traces go and reconnect those connections with wires. The big heatsink like pad is also a pin so make sure to connect that properly too

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
Here is how I did it. You can find the datasheet for the LDO online and see the pinout. From top to bottom in the pic it's Vin, enable, Vout, feedback (this is where the voltage divider using the two resistor output goes which uses Vout as the reference voltage), and gnd. The big plane is also Vout.
Screenshot_20180829-081953.jpg

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables