Question Help with my ps2

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Just draw the trim with a sharpie, and use a metal cutoff wheel on a dremel and cut slightly outside the line. Then grab some sandpaper and sand it smooth (start low like 200, and go higher until you go to around 1500 or 2000 grit)

Portables
Based on your picture I’m assuming that you board is a scph 9000x series.
Those are not as trim-able as the scph 7900x boards that we usually use here and not really well documented for this reason.

I would advise to get a scph 7900x as they can easy be squared off with a basic trim, I’ve made this guide a couple years ago (will need to update it at some point) which should get you started.

Last edited:
Thank you! But, in this moment I don't have the possibility to buy other ps2, considering that I have to buy a screen, the batteries, and other things, for that reason, I would like to use this motherboard, and, if there are someone that knows how to cut it, please, help me!
I am new, and I would like to learn about the portable consoles.

If you are not in a hurry to get this done, just wait awhile. A couple people here are doing ps2 documentation. Maybe they will come out with a guide to trim it. Patience is key.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
If you are not in a hurry to get this done, just wait awhile. A couple people here are doing ps2 documentation. Maybe they will come out with a guide to trim it. Patience is key.
I think you misunderstand what the issue is. People are working on/have PS2 documentation and trimming information for different PS2s than the one gaetano has. Patience isn't the issue here.

@gaetano I know that ordering a different motherboard isn't what you want to do, but it is definitely your best option. Keep an eye out on places like Craigslist, LetGo, and OfferUp for cheaper PS2s. I do understand your worry about cost, but unfortunately this hobby comes with a pretty sizable price tag. Good luck!

Thanks for understand @GingerOfOz, I will try to get a new ps2, ubt the problem is that I am from Uruguay, and here the cost is too expensive, but, I will keep find information about my ps2 motherboard, to see what I can do. Thank you for your help.

Using an untrimmed ps2 board is fine. It will just bring the battery life down. But the main thing than concerns me is that is an scph 9000x board. I am not sure all the homebrew works on that model. Have you tested all the loading methods for games?

Hi @MasterNate , I'm trsting the differents methods for games, I thinks it's possible, but at this moment my dvd drive is not working, and I have to use a DVD, so, I just need more time, but, I think I can do it.

Do you have a memory card with FreeMcBoot on it? That is the thing you would want to use. It lets you load ps2, ps1, and some other types of games off usb.

Just out of curiosity, why are you keeping the disc drive?

Portables
Using an untrimmed ps2 board is fine. It will just bring the battery life down. But the main thing than concerns me is that is an scph 9000x board. I am not sure all the homebrew works on that model. Have you tested all the loading methods for games?
Unless you go with gman's cut, which is probably too advance for someone new to electronics, the basic cut as nothing to do with battery life.

It's just to reduce the board footprint so that it takes less space in the case. I'm guessing this could be done with this board if you sacrifice player 2/MC2 slots but otherwise keeping the board as is is totally fine too. It will just take more space in your case.

This board seems to have a Mobbo modchip so he should first see what can be done with it regarding loading games or running ELF files.