Worklog GameWii Portable

Portables
Gamecube has a handle, right?
This is my first attempt at a wii portable. I've made myself familiar with all the guides by now, and am nearing the end of the preliminary CADing, and it was just suggested to me to make a worklog. I'll post any relevant files if anyone would like to take a look at my process.

Link to first (non-printable) STL file.

Last edited:
Portables
It looks like it'll be comfortable and there should be plenty of room for wiring.
I was intending for it to be super easy to wire (as this is my first portable,) and also, I wanted a lot of battery life, and a good amount of heat exhaust.

Last edited:

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
I was intending for it to be super easy to wire (as this is my first portable,) and also, I wanted a lot of battery life, and a good amount of heat exhaust.
Heat is generally not much of an issue with 4 layer Wii's, a small heatsink and fan setup will suffice and going beyond 4 batteries is probably a little overkill as that'll get you around 5 hours and not take an eternity to charge.

I'm looking forward to see how this turns out.

Portables
I’m actually have some 5C fast charge (Li-Po) batteries, and I’m making my own charge circuits, so it may be a bearable charge time even at high capacities. Another pro of the large case could be extra ports.

Last edited: