Worklog First potable

Yeah, you can change drives later on, I was just saying it's a pretty easy fix right now and maybe you can get some more space for games also.
dope. is there a size reccomendation? idk how big game files on average are, so I just got 128gb drive.

also I'm about to start doing the wii trim today, so other than the usb drive switch I've got rvloader downloaded and working, and games running. the no wifi patch. is there anything I need to do before trimming that I'm forgetting?

128 gigabytes is good for games, you can fit a good amount. As Stiches said before, Sandisk Ultra Fit is good option, that is also 128 gigabytes.

Seems good, have you enabled the VGA patch, though? If you are making an Ashida, that is something you can do. I'm pretty sure that you can still test with composite if you didn't select the VGA patch, but I have never tried that so you should just do the VGA patch now. Also, you will probably do it later.

Okay, that means you enabled the VGA patch. So, you have been unplugging and replugging in to get image on the screen? Once you do the VGA patch you shouldn't get image on the screen without unplugging and replugging in. Just wanted to make sure you didn't change it later.

Okay, that means you enabled the VGA patch. So, you have been unplugging and replugging in to get image on the screen? Once you do the VGA patch you shouldn't get image on the screen without unplugging and replugging in. Just wanted to make sure you didn't change it later.
.....oh boy.....um no, it just turns on and boots into RVLoader. I haven't been unplugging and replugging it in. But....gee wiz man I should have waited....

Do the lines look right tho lol rip (plz say I don't have to put it back together....)

Attachments

You can still turn it on when the board is out of the case, just be sure to put the heatsink back on by putting the white plastic board under it and screwing it on. You can also rerun the installer to check if VGA is enabled. Also, you should post a picture of the back also with lines, cutting from the back of the board is easier IMO.

And for you trim lines, I've trimmed a couple Wiis, but I don't think I have enough experience to tell you if they are good or not.

That looks good! Be sure to give it a good sanding up the grits, and remove any components you trimmed through on the edges. Check your resistances following this guide, and report back!
Done sanding. Now I just gotta check resistances. Unfortunately I forgot to get that tool. Idk if I overlooked it in the tool thread, but I'll check that asap. And also remove the chip on the edge that's sanded through if needed

Attachments

I followed this video to attempt checking resistances.( Idk what I'm doing btw )

i have the multimeter set to its last setting i had it on. For the first 6 i had it set to 200

Anyway, idk if I'm using the tool right or not

After work I'll make a table like the one on the spread sheet to make sure I'm using the multimeter correctly to get accurate results.

Attachments

Last edited:
I've started soldering, and am waiting for pieces to come in the mail.

At this point the only thing I'm worried about is the ashida case.

I'd like to make some minor cosmetic adjustments to the case. The interior will be unchanged, just adding a custom logo potentially, and some faux retro "air vent" looking things. Stuff like that, but I can't figure out what 3d design software to use that's compatible with the existing ashida case files.

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I've started soldering, and am waiting for pieces to come in the mail.

At this point the only thing I'm worried about is the ashida case.

I'd like to make some minor cosmetic adjustments to the case. The interior will be unchanged, just adding a custom logo potentially, and some faux retro "air vent" looking things. Stuff like that, but I can't figure out what 3d design software to use that's compatible with the existing ashida case files.
Fusion 360 will work for that