Question Can you think of anyways of lowering the costs of building a portable wii?

Portables
For the moment… none.
can you think of anyways of lowering the costs of building a portable wii? I would like to make it as cheap as possible. I would really appreciate a reply.

Last edited:

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
The GC2Wiimote hack works with any gamecube controller, I'm not sure what purpose attaching a GC+ in this scenario would have

AFE123

0x737cfb7b4d5677317210bddc07c6a51a 106e1f45330ee7a
Portables
1ish.
can you think of anyways of lowering the costs of building a portable wii? I would like to make it as cheap as possible. I would really appreciate a reply.
Well, the best and safest way to be cheap relative to other portables is to not include fancy features. In other words, don't cheap out on important things (Voltage regulators, batteries, tools (depends), etc.) For every else, feel free to cheap out. For my PS2 handheld, I'm planning on using a 5" car backup camera I got off amazon for 20 bucks. While this is great, I'm very well aware that it won't be as nice as a 5" IPS screen. Another thing you can do to save money is to use TI regulators instead of the PMS. You'll lose features like pass through charging, but its cheaper. Think about what you want in your portable, and then plan out what parts you're going to get.

Portables
For the moment… none.
Well, the best and safest way to be cheap relative to other portables is to not include fancy features. In other words, don't cheap out on important things (Voltage regulators, batteries, tools (depends), etc.) For every else, feel free to cheap out. For my PS2 handheld, I'm planning on using a 5" car backup camera I got off amazon for 20 bucks. While this is great, I'm very well aware that it won't be as nice as a 5" IPS screen. Another thing you can do to save money is to use TI regulators instead of the PMS. You'll lose features like pass through charging, but its cheaper. Think about what you want in your portable, and then plan out what parts you're going to get.
Okay, thanks.