Anime themes for RVLoader

cy

Portables
Recently I've gotten to work on making themes for RVLoader, with help from @Aurelio of course! The first idea I had for a theme was a Steins;Gate theme. I have other Nintendo related themes that are coming - but hopefully for now, this will quench the thirst people seem to have for custom RVLoader themes. If I make any more anime related themes I'll be sure to update this post and bump the thread detailing my update/changes.

Things to note:
-These themes are made with a 4:3 aspect ratio in mind, they will NOT display correctly if your Wii aspect ratio 16:9(they will still work). I may make 16:9 versions of these themes if there is a demand.
-Game cases have been scaled down accordingly to show more of the background.
-Settings and GC2Wiimote screens have been made transparent so the background can be seen better. Occasionally this will make text harder to read.

To install:
Download and extract the desired theme folder to rvloader\themes. It really is as simple as downloading, extracting, dragging, and dropping! To select a given theme, navigate to settings(the gear icon from the C stick selection wheel). Go to Loader > Selected theme > DPad right or left to select theme after installed, go to save config and press A.
Here are some preview images(Note these were taken off my monitor from a real Wii running RVLoader):
Theme 1:
20210614_225103.jpg

Theme 2:
20210614_225035.jpg

Theme 3:
20210614_225006.jpg

Theme 4:
20210614_224929.jpg

Theme 5:
20210614_224837.jpg

Here is what the transparent UI looks like:
20210614_225127.jpg

Here's the game covers resized:
20210614_225112.jpg

Finally here's the selection wheel:
20210614_224925.jpg

If anyone has any bugs to report please let me know. Please confirm your issue is with a given theme(s) and NOT RVLoader itself before reporting.
I made 5 of these themes because it was easy to reuse the assets once created, and I figured nobody was gonna complain about having more, so I may release a few new ones using these assets if they're well received. Enjoy!

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Steins; Gate........ that brings back some memories. Nice themes my dude!

Reactions: cy

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hey this is sick! Nice to see themes contributions! Thanks for this

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
Steins; Gate........ that brings back some memories. Nice themes my dude!
Yeah I may have gotten Cyframe into Steins;Gate recently. There's surprisingly much more to catch re-watching it than I remember.
I really need free time to meme around with theming. Or upgrading my test Wii with RVLoader...

How can I put the covers to the games in rv loader and how do I configure each one for each game? Could you help me?

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
Last edited: