Search results

1. pipbug

GC+ w/ Raspberry Pi?

I know it's not its intended use, but would it work? :XD:
  2. pipbug

Question Wii trimming question

What's the farthest I can trim without requiring custom regulators? I don't need WiFi or the 5v line, and I can probably relocate BT.
  3. pipbug

NanoPi NEO — A RPiZero Alternative

For those of you who don't want to buy the Raspberry Pi Zero, this is a cheaper alternative! Pretty awesome. http://www.friendlyarm.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=132
  4. pipbug

Worklog Thetacube - Wii Portable

Hey guys, here's my worklog for my Wii portable (contest entry)! I'll be calling it the "Thetacube", has a nice ring to it, no? I've ordered everything I need to build a working portable, minus the battery stuff (will be running off external power until I get that ball rolling). Not trimming...
  5. pipbug

BitBuilt donations?

I think allowing members to donate to help fund the forums would be cool! Unless the admins are rich AF
  6. pipbug

Question JB PlasticWeld?

anyone recommend JB PlasticWeld for frankencasing?
  7. pipbug

Best place to get rubber tact switches in Canada?

Most places (including the ebay link from Gmans BOM) that supply squishy tact switches are suuuper expensive here ($30 shipping on a $5 purchase..) Suggestions?
  8. pipbug

Question Is this heatsink too small?

Planning on guiding the air out the bottom of the case (when I make it). Is this heatsink too small?
  9. pipbug

Question could i trim this part?

My motherboard is untrimmed but this is the only part is want to trim. would i have to rewire anything? thanks
  10. pipbug

Question Anyone know what this thing does?

It plugs into the Wii drive. Is it for the Wiimote?
  11. pipbug

Discussion Case airflow & thermal discussion

Positive (pulling fresh air in) airflow vs negative (pushing hot air out) airflow in a portable? Best heatsink configuration, thermal compound, etc? Noise & heat is a concern to some people when making a portable; what do you go about doing personally? Do you care much? Discuss :P
  12. pipbug

Question Wii Portable Battery

So I discovered that you can buy "18650" 3.7V Li-ion cells (5800mah/per cell apparently) for really cheap here in Canada, plus they're quite small. Four of them wired in series can supply 14.8V... a good amount to give to a Wii portable, no? Wondering if any of you have done this or if it's a...
  13. pipbug

Question U10 transistor question

Just wanted to make sure you're supposed to bridge all 3 lower pins to the 2 lower pins on the board (following the trimming guide)? It's kinda hard to be sure from the image
  14. pipbug

Solved Wiikey Fusion + PortablizeMii?

I just installed PortablizeMii on my Wii. Would keeping my Wiikey Fusion installed give me any advantages or should I just remove it? Sorry I'm fairly new to this stuff lol.