Search results

1. DekuNut

Worklog Second try at Wii Portable

Basically the title. Bog standard portable with bog standard features. - PMS 2 Lite - 5 inch IPS Screen - 12v PD Trigger Board - 35mm Copper Heatsink + Fan Combo - Joycon Sticks + Buttons mounted on custom GC+ board - PAM8803 Audio Amp(don't really care about sound quality) with Nintendo Switch...
  2. DekuNut

Question Weird PMS-Lite Behaviour

After killing my first trimmed Wii and taking a long hiatus, I figured I should try to trim a Wii again. Did the trim, sanded, checked resistances and everything seemed fine. However the bloody thing wouldn't boot! When powering it via my psu set to 3.7v it turned on for a second and then...
  3. DekuNut

Worklog Unnamed Portable

Been working on this portable since about a year ago when I started to learn Kicad and PCB design because I could not find the regs for the PMS V1 so I redesigned for different regs. Its currently unnamed as I am not creative enough to think of a name. Trimming went relatively smoothly, but I...
  4. DekuNut

Solved Trim resistance help

After completing my trim and sanding the edges I have been able to get every voltage resistance apart from 3v3 close to/higher than what it should be. My 3v3 resistances range from 1.4k to 1.7k depending on which voltage pair I probe. Is this fine? Should I continue sanding with 600+ sandpaper...
  5. DekuNut

Worklog Got my first PCBs today!

After seeing that the regulators for the RVL-PMS were out of stock everywhere I decided to modify the original PMS to use different regs! Instead of the Texas Instruments regulators it uses 3 RT8070ZQW to step the Bat voltage down and the FP6276AXR-G1 to boost it to 5v. It retains the same PIC...
  6. DekuNut

Question Broken screen connector

So I bought this screen: https://www.ebay.de/itm/133360802985?hash=item1f0cec5ca9:g:Ja4AAOSwuQxaavwU And by repeatedly plugging the screen in and out it broke. My questions now are: Can I buy the driver board separately and if so, does anyone know which boards will work? Can I replace the...
  7. DekuNut

Solved Burned U5 pads

Tried to relocate U10 but ended up removing the top left and bottom left pad on the U5 footprint and the Wii didn't boot. Is there anywhere else that I could solder the U10 to? (RVLoader , NoWifiCios etc. is installed and the Wii did boot before this)
  8. DekuNut

Solved Possibly easier Bluetooth relocation?

Since the Bluetooth board isnt treated any differently than any other usb device, wouldnt it be possible to attach it to the cm1/2 components, instead of having to scratch the tracks? Has anybody tried this? (Source:WiiBrew)
  9. DekuNut

Question RVL-PMS v1 replacement parts

Originally I wanted to assemble the original RVL-PMS but then I noticed that the boost/buck chips aren't available anywhere. I was however able to source the PIC16 and the BQ IC. Could I now replace the TLV62095RGTR with this and the TPS61232DRCR with this? They both have an active high EN pin...
  10. DekuNut

Solved Wii VGA Output

So I tried wiring VGA to my Wii just to see if I could do it before actually trimming it and I first got an image with all sorts of colours and lines but now I dont get a signal at all. Could my AVE be fried?
  11. DekuNut

Solved Help with ordering the RVL-PMS

So I was going to order some PMS PCBs from JLCPCB and I was just wondering if I got the layer sequence right.