Discussion Ideas, questions, etc, Post em here!

Hello! I'm completely new to portablizing, and was looking to design and make a Wii portable. I have a couple questions, and wanted to see if anyone could help me out with them.
1. I saw another post on this thread about switching from internal output to some other kind of output (to a TV for example). I want to incorporate this into my portable, and was wondering how I would go about switching the signal from the internal screen and if it is possible to change it into an HDMI signal (Or if this is a bad idea and I should avoid it entirely).
2. Does the BitBuilt launcher have support for switching between widescreen and 3:4 ratio? I wanted to incorporate a 7" 16:9 screen, but if it stretches gamecube games, I may want to switch to a 3:4 screen.
3. Does anyone know the dimensions of the "USB-C PD Charging + Internal USB Drive" so I can properly incorporate it into my design?
4. Does anyone have any tact switches they would recommend (also some soft actuation switches for dual-tact modding)? I can't seem to find any under 160g actuation force, and although this seems excessive I really have no idea, so...
5. Can anyone point me in the direction of 3ds button and joystick models? Or at least measurements? I'm planning on at least using 3ds joysticks, but I can't seem to find their measurements anywhere, even after searching for them literally all day.

I know this is a lot, but I'd really appreciate if any of these questions are answered (especially the ones to do with size specifications..). Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello! I'm no stranger to Portablizing Wiis. I'm a member on this website since 2018 and I've been in a couple of Bitbuilt streams. I also fried multiple Wiis so far and other components for my Portable, so I'm more careful now and started testing my components before starting with any major trim.
I've tested a few components so far (Screen, Wii, BBloader, USB...), but the thing that gives me a headache is the RVL PMS. It seems like I'm too stupid to get this thing to work, so I read through the new manuals for the G-Boy Rev 3, and in Section 7 Step 4 the PMS is a test, if the PMS works:"If the fan on the back of the G-Boy starts spinning then great job! This means that your PMS, power button, and fan are all wired correctly and working.".
I set up a similar setup, but I have no USB-C PD (pic 1&2) and tried to get it to work, but I neither get the fan to spin(btw it is a 5v fan) nor get I any voltage from any of the Built-in regulators(pic 3-5). Any Help would be appriciated.

In short RVL-PMS no voltage output
.Pic 1.jpgPic 2.jpgPic 3.jpgPic 4.jpgPic 5.jpgPic 6.jpg