Question Wii VGA Resolution Issues

Hi all,
Been having issues with wiring up VGA to my portable. When VGA is enabled, the image is dramatically too small horizontally, and looks incredibly squished.
480i signal over AV becomes extremely shaky, awful and really hurts the eyes.
I haven't messed around with any of the LCD board settings, and I switched RVLoader into the VGA mode from the bootloader, confirmed it changed.

I tried rewiring H sync and V sync, swapping them leads to no signal detected, rewiring leads to same issue. Given there are no colour or clarity issues, I assume there are no issues with the RGB wiring.

I’m pretty sure it isn’t an issue with the driver board/screen, since Benge used the same in his O-Wii build and from what I can tell and had no issues? Really odd.
RVLoader Version v1.1.

Have been able to get 576i working using the Settings Editor GUI Homebrew Application, this has no shaking issues. The app also confirmed that a 480p signal was being output.

There is a small bit of damage here I just found to the bottom left of the LCD ribbon cable, I think I cut into it slightly when my hand slipped. Maybe that broke a connection to H sync? But then again, would that mean the whole connection would not work and I would get a no signal?

Any help is much appreciated :)
1630843949047.jpeg
1630843977880.jpeg
ribbon cable break.jpg