Wii chip connector problems

0616EAC3-60DF-4541-9ADC-976F733DBA9E.jpeg

As seen in the image above, I was working on connecting the h sync and v sync wires, when I accidentally bridged the two connecters. Trying to un-bridge them, I then accidentally disconnected the connecter right underneath it. I do not have a needle small enough to try scratch off the solder. I was wondering if it would be worth it to try fix this or if I should just trim another wii. If I do try salvage it, what should I try do to un bridge the top connectors?

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
The way you remove these bridges is by adding a lot of flux, then drag your iron along the pins outward to "guide" the solder out. Adding a lot of flux is the key. You can also drag your iron to the adjacent pins and try to distribute the excess solder to the other pins. If all else fails (i.e there is too much solder, I don't think so in your case), you can use desoldering braid to remove the solder.

Looking closer though, I see you bent one of the pins. To repair that you will have to heat the pin and push it back into place with tweezers. You were using too much force with your iron, which you should avoid.