Question What’s a Mid tier 5 inch screen I could buy?

Portables
For the moment… none.
I’ve been wanting to build a wii micro (miicro) and I thought of giving it clamshell fold screen. So I would like to know of a cheap 5 inch screen. I don’t need anything fancy maybe something mid tier. I would really appreciate a reply. (Also would rather buy it off of Amazon.co.uk)

Last edited:
Portables
For the moment… none.
Yes it's possible use omgwtf for reference and look at the RVK-01 Compendium (https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/wii-rvk-01-compendium-released.93/). There you can look at the av traces and work out a trimming line
Thanks so much!

I used Nolds design with 4 layer wii. You will just have to perform a nand relocation and the trim line can match the 6 layer om6-ish footprint needed for noldtendo.

View attachment 23126View attachment 23127
Worked fine for me, ;)

You can do a nand bend like this but save yourself the effort and just get a flex from 4layertech

cheers!
Thank you so much!!!

Last edited:

MP3

Portables
Nold's design is based around a 6 layer trim, a 4 layer won't fit due to the trim being larger to one side.

I used Nolds design with 4 layer wii. You will just have to perform a nand relocation and the trim line can match the 6 layer om6-ish footprint needed for noldtendo. The 6 layer I started with had a very glitchy video output as I learned was a design flaw from the factory. Better off to go 4 layer for sure.

1654882471266.jpeg
1654882563724.jpeg

Worked fine for me, ;)

You can do a nand bend like this but save yourself the effort and just get a flex from 4layertech

cheers!

Portables
For the moment… none.
I’m bumping this thread with a comment so that I don’t have to make a new thread. So I’m just reusing this old one.

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Thanks @AFE123, I might use a car backup screen. but Are there any car backup screens you suggest? The one in the video won’t ship to where I am.
They're pretty much all the same internally. Just pick whiever is most convenient for shipping

AFE123

0x737cfb7b4d5677317210bddc07c6a51a 106e1f45330ee7a
Portables
1ish.
I'm not sure if this is really relevant anymore, but I've finally acquired another 79001 series ps2 that actually works. I also had the opportunity to test out the car backup screen I got.

I'm going to admit it, it isn't the nicest screen out there, but its not too bad for 22 dollars and a first project. There's also a high probability that It'll run off 5V after some modification.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Dude got banned lol what
Didn't see that coming
He didn't really do anything wrong. The ban is just a timer for when he's legally allowed to use the site. He'll be back