Worklog (W)IINK

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
So, Doing' a re haul,
I'm not using the dmg concept anymore, because i'm using it for the Kuesa, which seems like a better fit for the Concept/layout. While Waiting for Stuff for the Kuesa, I've been working on this boi(this might even become my Submission because I have more stuff for it than the kuesa)

This boy on the other hands, is Gonna be Splatoon theme-d(mostly because I have a obsession with them right now 8D)
using a 5 Inch monitor With Vii-GII-AYYYY
CTRLMII
the ol' usb switcheroo
PTh regs probably(unless I get mine done)

That's all I'm saying for now incase my planned features don't go down as planned.

Pics
weee.PNG

2.PNG

This is the Portable I have been working on since like July,

Features:
3.5" Monitor
Switching Audio Jack
Wifi (I forgot to add the Nowifi before I trimmed, But I still might not use Wifi.)
Ds button Layout (most likely)
No Bluetooth
Most likely no MX chip
64gb Usb

~Power~
usb Charging
I am going to attempt to be able to have charge and play,
if I can't I might not use Usb charging.

I originally planned to Franken Case (still a viable option),
but I am going to try TinkerCad, because I know some people
say it's good enough, that you can still make some good cases out of it.
and I am aiming for a gameboy-esque feel/look

~~Things done~~
Wii is trimmed
Screen modded to run off of 5v perfectly

~~Working on~~
gc controller/Ds buttons, I want to use og ds buttons, to save some space.
Sanding wii
Case(I want to have most of my stuff done and then work on case, but we'll see.)
Power solution
Regulators

Christmas is coming up so not sure how much I'll get done, but I'll try ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Portables
It better not be a pheckin clamshell
I mean't Ds button layout I swear, I edited it aswell.\
gonna be a big thick Gba

Update; I Messed up my trim, so now I gotta find some more boards, I think I found some good deals, just need to get the money. Shoutout to Noah for telling me, I would have been over that board for hours more if he didn't tell me
So there is that :/

Portables
So update,
my friend's cousin, said he would design a case for me, sometime after Christmas, So I would like to thank him for that.
I am changing the name to "Wii Cube" Because that's what my baby brother calls it, and decided to stick with it. So it's gonna be gc purple, and gba style.

So if you noticed in the title, it has "(boy)" that's because it's my first, and it's not going to have a lot of custom pcbs, then I want my next Rev, to have a lot of pcbs.

I am working on Pcb right now, so who knows.

EDIT
at the moment, I am working on Converting the Gc+ to Ki cad

Last edited:
Portables
Because I prefer Ki cad over Eagle, and I want to use FFc cables, and what not.
I'm not converting it Directly over, I plan to add connectors(as said above.), and basically tailor it to my needs.
Like, it's not going to be basically "just" Converted to Kicad Format. (if that makes sense)

Portables
IMG_3450.JPG

I got my heatsink trimmed, I hope I cut at an appropriate size. I plan to use this with a blower fan(most likely).
I got a new wii, but sadly, it has a black screen of death:(, I'm trying to see if it's fixable, but prolly not, So looking for another wii at the moment, I Bought some more Ti regulators, some Resistors, some Capacitors, 3ds Analog Caps, Audio Amp(has Headphone sense, and super cheap : D, so we'll see where it goes.).
I also Decided to go a lil Bigger, so it will be a 5" screen, Annnnddddddd maybe, maybe not, Usb Charging, Who knows.
I might use the Ded wii, to fix my Ded Trim in the future, but prolly not for a while

Portables
So lil update, I renamed it(for the last time hopefully), to Dm-gii, For ofc Dmg style, BUT, not the og Dmg style, but like that modern concept.(but add necessary buttons and what not) @Fruity_Grebbles said he would do the case, so I am super thankful.
upload_2018-3-5_16-59-15.jpeg

So onto actual progress, I got another wii, I trimmed it, and used actual sand paper, and it's looks gucci, and no shorts are detected(or seen). I removed the caps in a sloppy way, so the pads for them are gone, and I had a problem with the Video at one point(don't ask) but it's all good now
IMG_8287.JPG

(way better than my last attempt)

Onto regs, I messed up three of them, so I have to get some of those, I got the last one working thankfully(after taking a break, and recollecting myself), and Moral of the story, Know your Iron, and Have common sense.

I was hoping to have my trimmed wii up and running before sunday so I could show my brother, But my regs got messed up, so I can't use them, so it seems I'm going to have to wait a little bit longer :/

Portables
So, Doing' a re haul,
I'm not using the dmg concept anymore, because i'm using it for the Kuesa, which seems like a better fit for the Concept/layout. While Waiting for Stuff for the Kuesa, I've been working on this boi(this might even become my Submission because I have more stuff for it than the kuesa)

This boy on the other hands, is Gonna be Splatoon theme-d(mostly because I have a obsession with them right now 8D)
using a 5 Inch monitor With Vii-GII-AYYYY
CTRLMII
the ol' usb switcheroo
PTh regs probably(unless I get mine done)

That's all I'm saying for now incase my planned features don't go down as planned.

Pics
View attachment 6318

View attachment 6319
8D