Question USB power options for Minii

Good morning,

Absolute first timer with this sort of thing so please excuse what are probably going to be a series of questions.

My aim is to build a "Minii Console" from a Wii, I love the look of the Noob Cube and N64 Minii builds that I have seen on here and want to do similar but I have plenty of constraints on me. First I have no ability to print components so I am going to either modify an original shell or find something off the shelf to use.

It's a similar story with PCBs and other parts, I need as much "off the shelf" as I can. (I am a ham fisted mechanic by trade so simpler the better).

One of the things I am really struggling to get my head around is how to loose the brick and have the console run from a USB input. Obviously I have seen the USB-C PD Charging board in the shop but I have no idea if this can be used purely as a power supply etc.

Again, apologies for the rambling and noob question. Just tried to give a little context.

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
If you want to use USB C and are not using batteries, you don't need PD. The USB C board from the store only works in conjunction with the RVL PMS. You can simply use something like this.
I would suggest you use that with the RVL PSU from the store. FYI, some people on this forum can 3d print and ship a case to you.

Thanks for the info, glad to see there is a relatively simple way of going about it.

Will definitely bear that in mind, case design might be something that comes about once I have a finished board and components.