Salvageable Mobo?

YveltalGriffin

First Wii U Trimmer
Portables
I was cracking open a Wii to portablize and due to my general hastiness as a modder I preemptively popped off the wifi board. When I went to reattach it (for PortablizeMii) I was dismayed to find the connector on the wifi board had ripped off and pulled off most of the traces. :facepalm: I'm left with a Wii that I cannot boot and I can't really relocate the wifi board, since the traces have been pulled off for several of the necessary data pins.

Is this Wii even salvageable? Should I spend $8 on a new wifi Board? Is it possible there are vias on the wifi board I can relocate to? At this point, is it worth it? :\

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
It's not worth buying another wifi module, just to throw it away when you install portablizemii. There aren't any vias at all for like half of the data lines, and they're incredibly tiny if you even tried... Even then, it's like a 50/50 for it to work (talking from experience here :P)

If you've got another Wii, you can use the wifi module from that one, they all have the same connector. If not, Wiis can be had for like 15$-20$ (which you could use for another portable ^-^), and take the wifi module from that one to give it a jump-start of sorts so you can get portablizemii on it. However, we do suggest you put portablizemii on your consoles BEFORE you open them :P