RVLoader v2.0

I'm having trouble trying to get RVloader on. I try to put the file onto the wii, but I can't find it anywhere on the homebrew channel, what am I doing wrong?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I'm having trouble trying to get RVloader on. I try to put the file onto the wii, but I can't find it anywhere on the homebrew channel, what am I doing wrong?
Have you removed any SD cards from the Wii, and is the USB drive in the slot closest to the bottom edge of the case?

The one I have didn't come with a SDcard I tried to use the one I have for that, but it didn't work either. And I even tried to plug the usb into the back.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
The one I have didn't come with a SDcard I tried to use the one I have for that, but it didn't work either. And I even tried to plug the usb into the back.
Did you format the USB as FAT32 with 32k cluster size?

How should I do that? Should I just not have it in a folder?

So far, I tried to format the USB as FAT32 with 32k cluster size but that isn't working.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
How should I do that? Should I just not have it in a folder?
Take the files and folders from the RVLoader_v1.6 folder and put them in the root of the drive. This means when you click on the drive in Windows Explorer and it takes you to the base level of the file structure, all you see are those folders that you took from the RVLoader archive. IE:
1677105599559.png

And delete the BBLoader files. BBLoader is old, depreciated, and inferior to RVLoader in basically every way.
So far, I tried to format the USB as FAT32 with 32k cluster size but that isn't working.
Use this tool to do it properly. It's the trusted program for the job.

Alright, it works, though when I try to install it I eventually get sent back to the menu and when I go back into the homebrew channel, it doesn't do anything. Is that normal?

Never mind I got it.

Now what should happen when it starts up afterwards, because now, it says: RVLoader bootloader 00 Failed to initialize Fat FS! Is an USB drive plaugged in? Press A to boot into priiloader.

Should I just add the games and it'll work better?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Now what should happen when it starts up afterwards, because now, it says: RVLoader bootloader 00 Failed to imiyialize Fat FS! Is an USB drive plaugged in? Press A to boot into priiloader.
Is the USB drive in slot 0? Slot 0 is this one
1677109165834.png

The other port often has issues

Yes, I also tried the other port too, and even that doesn't work. Even when I go to priiloader that doesn't work. And when I try another usb, it says Error while booting/apps/RVLoader/boot.dol.

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
What USB drive are you using? It might not be fully compatible

Sm6413

Hey, another problem

So basically i managed to make the wifi work on RVLoader itself (before i needed to use usb loader gx) But only for animal crossing. For Mario kart wii it says this error which only happens if you are using dolphin with a bad nand. So any ideas to what's happening? If i use USB Loader GX it works fine, but if i try to launch it from RVLOADER it does this. Any ideas? Like i said ACCF works fine online, but mkwii doesnt. And i dont want to use usb loader GX because i would need the DVD drive pcb installed which takes a ton of space.

20230310_012942.jpg

Hey, another problem

So basically i managed to make the wifi work on RVLoader itself (before i needed to use usb loader gx) But only for animal crossing. For Mario kart wii it says this error which only happens if you are using dolphin with a bad nand. So any ideas to what's happening? If i use USB Loader GX it works fine, but if i try to launch it from RVLOADER it does this. Any ideas? Like i said ACCF works fine online, but mkwii doesnt. And i dont want to use usb loader GX because i would need the DVD drive pcb installed which takes a ton of space.

View attachment 26485
[/CITA]
What's up, I also have the same error and I have the game patched, it works for me in another loader but it doesn't work in rvloader, it should be noted that I activate Wi-Fi both in its installation and in the game, try others such as pro evolution soccer 13, smash, etc. It works perfectly for me, the only one that gives me that error is Mario Kart, I hope I know a solution