RVL Power Management System Troubleshooting

I believe that I may have shorted one or more components on my Wii RVL Power Management System that I have and need help identifying any fried components on the PCB. I honestly would buy a new one but the store is out of stock at the moment. Besides, saving an existing part would make me and my wallet happiest. Any ideas where start testing on the board for bad components? Any information or pointers would be greatly appreciated. I am working on a Rev2 G-Wii with 4 18650 batteries using the standard parts available on the Bit Built store right now. 5" VGA Screen for reference.

What I know:
- I first has an issue when I received the no sync error after the initial boot up. The Screen then displayed what appeared to be a boot loop of sorts though it would cut out in various loads of the Portibilize Mii start up animation as well as occasionally making it to the home screen then cutting out. Eventually this stopped all together and the screen just read No Scyn. Switching back to Component video did not fix this issue.
- The batteries do not seen to be receiving a charge despite doing so a few days ago. Or I should say that they are but after 13 hours of charging when from 2.804v to 2.824v. They are rated for 3400MaH. Also, turning on the screen has been taking many attempts though I suspect this is related to a short or lack of current flow on the board.
- I did manage to to power it back on again and I checked the voltage on the Wii board to see i they were receiving the correct voltage. The Wii was not. The only voltage that was reading correctly was the 5v. All others were reading below what they should. Or in the case of the 1.8 voltage was fluctuating a lot.
- Independently, the VGA screen is working and receiving signal from other sconces with no issue.
- I put and entirely new trimmed Wii in place of the old and the issue persist.

From what is seem the issue is the Wii RVL Power Management System. LEt me know what you guys think and thanks for your help in advance!

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
With no batteries hooked up to it, you should check for any shorts between any of the voltage lines with each other or with ground. Also, please post pictures so we can get a better idea of what could potentially be the issue.

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
Honestly, I'm seeing a lot of wiring spaghetti, cold solder joints, and some places where there is too much bare wire exposed. In my opinion, it's too hard to pinpoint a source of error when the wiring is in this state. if you're wanting to test if your PMS is working, you should remove all the wires from the regulators as to not damage your wii or peripherals, and see what kinds of voltage outputs you're getting on each line. Again, a lot of the soldering there does not look good and could be cold joints or potential shorts, so isolating the PMS as much as possible is likely the best course of action.

I'll do what I can to clean these up. This was one of the first things put into the case so as more has got put in it's become harder to keep clean. I am rerunning all the wires and reducing all the solder joints now. Actually have the board completely disconnected now.

I did test the pms for sorts on the voltages line and no shorts. Also tested the charge line. I honestly just can't seem to get it to turn on. If I do it's very sporadic.

Any ideas you have for testing the board in this state would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for the help.