Solved Relocating cart slot problem

Portables
3/4

GC64

Portables
This is true but I'm not sure, just throwing out any ideas I can think of that might/could help. I just know that I have run across some electronics that tend to be picky when it comes to wire lengths and voltages.

Here is a video from a YouTube video series from a seasoned veteran that I've been watching, (this is one of many from "MODDEDbyBACTERIA" that have shown me a lot. Here is where I got the 3 inches from but I've heard it in other videos too. Hope it helps!! :)
Yeah, i've seen those videos before and are pretty helpful. But I just got done trimming and rewiring the wires to 3.5 inches, and well, it doesn't work still :/ I think the board is fried or something, though idk how that could've even happened.

EDIT: Well I didn't see your post about continuity until now. I checked the continuity of all those points that you linked and they all seem to check out fine. The problem has to be somewhere outside of a short. Oh well, I'll keep thinking of possible issues. I hate to have dragged this thread on for so long xD

Attachments

Last edited:

GC64

Portables
This feeling has never felt so good.. I finally got it to work :000
The issue was on the cart slot itself. Under the pins are little bridges where the pins are attached to. Well, two of those bridges were soldered together and apparently causing the short. Well anyway, thanks for all the help/support that was given to help me solve the problem!
image.jpg

Portables
3/4
Awesome!!! That is one of the best feelings in the world, finally getting something to work after beating your head against the wall over it for so long!! Congrats!! :)

Now don't be holding back on any progress photos and the finished product... :P;)