Question PS2 VGA is not working in 4layertech screen

Hi Everyone., can anyone help me to find the problem why am I not getting Vga output in the 4layertech screen. Composite is working. But VGA is not working. Screen goes blank and sometimes red when PS2 turns on, set to RGB and tried YrPbY in PS2. But no image. I checked short between R-G-B and HV. No short. RGB wires are twisted with ground.

Attachments

YveltalGriffin

First Wii U Trimmer
Portables

YveltalGriffin

First Wii U Trimmer
Portables
That disclaimer matches what I said. While a few games can be forced to display in 480p and will show up on that screen, most are 480i-only and will not work. In other words, that screen is not recommended for PS2.

cfc_12

Portables
Unfortunately, the 4LT 5" 800*480 screen doesn't accept 15kHz VGA. The only screens that accept 480i YPbPr or VGA are the Eyoyo screen
Sadly, Eyoyo screens as of now doesn't output YPbPr or Component anymore :( I tested this last December 2022 and had to refund it because I cannot find use for it for the portable I was making back then.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Yeah sadly they revised the PCB and the new ones no longer work. The 4:3 screens are currently the best offerings

Portables
well... this is bad news for my portable Ps2.

Yeah sadly they revised the PCB and the new ones no longer work. The 4:3 screens are currently the best offerings
Does this mean that it might be possible to find another driver PCB that is compatible with the screen? Also, do you know anything about the ribbon cable on the screen? Because if the ribbon cable has some sort of standard, it would be useful to know when looking for a new board.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
well... this is bad news for my portable Ps2.

Does this mean that it might be possible to find another driver PCB that is compatible with the screen? Also, do you know anything about the ribbon cable on the screen? Because if the ribbon cable has some sort of standard, it would be useful to know when looking for a new board.
I'm going to assume no, because Eyoyo was the only company in this decade who programmed their boards to accept component video, and they stopped doing that over a year ago. All old stock is gone afaik, so there isn't really any hope to find an older board or any other alternative board.

As for the ribbon cables, there's no universal standard. Some screens are drop in compatible with other parts, but some aren't. I've had several 5 inch 16:9 screens that would only work with the driver board that they came with, and several others that would all work with each other's boards. No way to know which is which without physically testing them