Question Ps2 portable battery need help

Portables
My battery's go from 8.2v fully charge to 6.2v as soon as I power my ps2p and when I turn it off they go back up to 8.2v I'm using 18650 no Bms charging with external charger.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
You serious? You HAVE TO use a protection circuit, even if you use an external cell charger. Lithium batteries become damaged and unstable if overcharged or depleted past a certain point, you NEED a protection circuit to prevent that.

Have you let the cells run until the console stopped running? You might have killed them.

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Stitches is right. If you've been using battery cells without protection, you should discard them and get new ones with protection and battery management. They could be damaged and potentially pose a danger to you or your portable, especially if you've charged them.

Portables
Thanks for the reply I'm new to using batteries will this work https://www.ebay.com/itm/311721987212 and do I have to cut the power from the BMS to the portable while charging since the bms needs 9v.

Also can I use any 9v power source to charge batteries or do I need a special charger

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
Thanks for the reply I'm new to using batteries will this work https://www.ebay.com/itm/311721987212 and do I have to cut the power from the BMS to the portable while charging since the bms needs 9v.

Also can I use any 9v power source to charge batteries or do I need a special charger
That board does the balancing and power management by itself. You'll be able to use any 9v-15v provided it can supply enough current. Just get one that has a current rating sufficient to run the console and charge at the same time.

Kells

Modio I see you have asked in a few forums about the batteries and charging them and I have a very similar issue. Did this board you bought end up working for you?