Question Problem with Cstick GMAN AUGH -ss

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
So I've been working on this Wii portable and I'm having an issue with the Wii. Postloader is being slow and laggy and just not functional. However, from Priiloader, I can load games from Nintendont just fine. Pulling a Noah on this one but I'm really stumped so I'm asking for guidance.

All the voltage lines are good. 1v line is getting 1v, 1.15v line is getting 1.17v, 3.3v line is 3.23v. No problems here. I've tried 3 different USB drives all confirmed working on other Wiis. I have tried both USB ports and same results.

The portable is being powered from a 5v circuit. I don't think this is part of the problem because I have also plugged in a 12v dc source and get the same result.

Here Postloader says "please wait". I can move the cursor but it cuts out and starts freezing every few seconds.

I've looked into the voltages and different drives but I'm stuck. I can load games from Nintendont with no problems, it's just Postloader that is not functioning.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
What do you mean by "I have also plugged in a 12v dc source and get the same result."?

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
What do you mean by "I have also plugged in a 12v dc source and get the same result."?
I wanted to know if the problem was that the portable is being powered from 5v, so I powered it from an AC adapter and it has the same issues with postloader not working.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
When you powered from the AC adapter what did you use to get the 5V? Another regulator?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hmmm did it work before trimming the motherboard? Have you tried to twist the two USB data lines wires together?

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Hmmm did it work before trimming the motherboard? Have you tried to twist the two USB data lines wires together?
I can't recall if it had the issue before or not, I didn't test it long before trimming it. I tried twisting the wires together and it didn't make a difference.

JacksonS

Portables
Are you sure the voltage lines read at least 1v and 1.15v while the system is on? I've had plenty of issues similar to that because my voltages were a bit too low. I had to set them fairly high since those TI regulators drop in voltage under a load.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Are you sure the voltage lines read at least 1v and 1.15v while the system is on? I've had plenty of issues similar to that because my voltages were a bit too low. I had to set them fairly high since those TI regulators drop in voltage under a load.
Yes I am sure, I measured them under load

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Welp in frustration I trimmed a new Wii and fml it didn't fix the issue. I noticed postloader wouldn't freeze up if I disconnected the controller data wire. I soldered a controller port and used an unmodified controller and it worked with no issues. It looks like somehow the controller is part of the issue although it is really puzzling me because it was working through priiloader first. Unfortunately I don't have a spare wired GC controller on me (just a wavebird). I'll have to order another one and will be testing this further with a new trimmed controller board.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Turns out it was actually a bad 3ds slider for the c-stick that was doing a control that messed with postloader! Aurelio figured it out pretty quickly after a skype session, thanks man.

Aurelio, the homie!
So does this mean you could re-use the old wii for another? Lol