Question nood wanting some info

plugs

hi seems tho
Calling all noobs (noob question thread) is closed . i wanted to ask with the Wii Portable could it fit in a 3ds xl case ? wanted to make one but the more i look at it the more i think not . the only 2 things i think stop it is 1) heatsink +fan and 2) battery size maybe . am sure if it could be done some one would . been looking all over not seen one yet. and thanks for the info

It might be possible with a not very good cooling setup and a small battery. It can definitely be done. But only the super advanced portabalizers could do it. I would never even attempt it. If you are asking for yourself, maybe after making a couple portables, then maybe. But if you are looking at making your first wii portable, try starting with a super basic design, and make a case with lots of room to spare. Also, clamshell designs like that are insanely hard to implement.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Possible: yes.
Probable: nah.
The GBA has more internal room to work with and Aurelio's had to scrape a lot of corners to get everything to maybe fit. It's too big a challenge for a first attempt, try something bigger first and then progress from there.

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Yeah, clamshell designs are very very difficult. I speak from experience :P

Aside from the battery problem, cooling is not something you want to skimp on. Additionally, the top screen of the 3ds is really thin. It could fit an lcd, but not a driver board. My clamshell was similar in size to a 3ds xl, only much thicker, and I was fighting for every fraction of a millimeter, especially in the top half.

I'm sure someone devoted could pull it off either with custom pcbs or by expanding the thickness of the 3ds. Or possibly both. For your first portable though (and maybe second) I recommend staying far away from clamshell designs :). If you ever do embark on this project however, I look forward to seeing it.

plugs

thank you for all the info .
if you are looking for noods you came to the right place

lol i don't know how i missed that :p my spelling is bad but noob and nood . the pic makes me lol so am happy i did