Question Noob SD Gecko Questions

Yung

Hello,

I haven't really messed around with SD gecko's, home-brew or emulators on the gamecube before.
I would really like to include it in my portable to play some old school classics :)
I have a couple of questions hoping someone can help.
Ashen has a guide to wire up the SD Gecko but could I just buy a gamecube SD card adapter and mount it in my portable, then wire it up to the gamecube motherboard?

The Adapter - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6amLifest...967200?hash=item465ce11b60:g:FNUAAOSwA3dYiRN2

Ashen's Guide - http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=666

Once everything wired up how do I launch and play emulators. I have a MegaDrive and a WASP fusion with Swiss AutoBoot for reference.

Where do I get the Emulators from?
How do I install the Emulators?
How do I install the games?

I feel these are really stupid things to ask because its probably really straight forward.
But I'm a SD gecko noob :(
Any help appreciated

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Ashen has a guide to wire up the SD Gecko but could I just buy a gamecube SD card adapter and mount it in my portable, then wire it up to the gamecube motherboard?
That would most likely work, since they probably just have a board with traces hooking up the pins like shown in the diagram.

As for software, someone else will have to help with that... I have no experience whatsoever with the gc software.

As always on these kinds of threads, someone has to plug Wii portables since they can be made smaller, use less power, and produce less heat. If you haven't gotten much progress on your gc you may want to look into that (there are guides on here for regulators, pinouts of parts, trimming, etc).

Yung

That would most likely work, since they probably just have a board with traces hooking up the pins like shown in the diagram.

As for software, someone else will have to help with that... I have no experience whatsoever with the gc software.

As always on these kinds of threads, someone has to plug Wii portables since they can be made smaller, use less power, and produce less heat. If you haven't gotten much progress on your gc you may want to look into that (there are guides on here for regulators, pinouts of parts, trimming, etc).
Thanks for the reply, I already have everything to build it so i might as well finish it otherwise it would be a waste. I just wish there was a guide or something to tell me how to get the SD gecko working, not just wiring it up.