Worklog My first ps2 portable

So far this one is going better than my wii one, haha. Got it all ghetto wired up to a secondary portable dvd player screen I had laying around. Freemcboot memory card directly wired to port two. Going to attempt to etch my own, smaller usb boards. Something simple before I dive on in. Still trying to decide on controller though. Do i use ps2+ in it's current form or chop up a suitable third party? Getting paid soon, so should have some more updates in a week or two. Also on the fence about leaving the stock regulators or replacing them.

20210730_145853.jpg20210730_145833.jpg20210730_145802.jpg20210730_145754.jpg20210730_145734.jpg

The thing about the stock regulators is that they assume the presence of a disc drive, where as PS2+ does not, and as a result doesn't convert as much power at once, which is much more in tune with a USB drive, so I would personally recommend you get one, it's the kind of thing I would have LOVED if it had been available when I was starting out

Been attempting to trace out the traces I'll need to solder to once I trim down a decently sized third party controller. Decided on using switch analog sticks since theyre nice and compact. Any advantages to keeping the resistive touch action buttons on the controller? Also anyone know where to get a hold of a ps2 pms?

Portables
Been attempting to trace out the traces I'll need to solder to once I trim down a decently sized third party controller. Decided on using switch analog sticks since theyre nice and compact. Any advantages to keeping the resistive touch action buttons on the controller? Also anyone know where to get a hold of a ps2 pms?
Have you tested the switch sticks with the 3rd party controller? As far as I'm aware theres likely to be dead zone issues with different sticks just swapped in. The rvl Pms on GitHub could be modified to be able to make the PS2 PMS, depending on trim you can go pth buck convertors and a couple linear regs for the more sensitive voltage lines