Solved Is SNES motherboard the same as NES

I'm researching for a SNES portable and while doing so a lot of people were saying the SNES motherboard is the exact same as the NES motherboard. If this is true is working on a SNES the same as an NES just with some updated software?
(I know its probably better and easier just to use a Rasberry PI emulator but I honestly just want to build a portable from scratch).

MP3

Portables
I'm researching for a SNES portable and while doing so a lot of people were saying the SNES motherboard is the exact same as the NES motherboard. If this is true is working on a SNES the same as an NES just with some updated software?
(I know its probably better and easier just to use a Rasberry PI emulator but I honestly just want to build a portable from scratch).
I think you got this from my post in the "Consoles that I think should be trimmed" thread, so I'll answer this one. I was talking about the NES and SNES classic console released in 2016 and 2017. Since those are literally official emulation boxes, they're the exact same motherboard, just in different shells and with different software. In the case of the original versions of those system, they are very different from each other. The boards have very different layouts and totally different chips. The process of making portables will vary wildly between them, although it is possible for both.

In the case of the original versions of those system, they are very different from each other.
Thank You, I'll do some more research. I'm just glad I asked because it didn't seem right to me for an updated console to have the same internals as the previous console.