Question Is My GC Fried?

Hello everyone, some of you may remember me from the modretro forums (although I was only active for a fairly short time). Anyways, I have decided to try making a GameCube portable again, but I came across a problem when rewiring the GameCube's power. The large filtration cap (for audio) labeled "220 EHA 2Q8" popped off! After soldering it back on the mobo, I found that neither the audio nor the video worked! I am getting all the correct voltages from the GameCube regulator and the GameCube chips still get hot. There are also a couple of minor scratches near the traces of one of the unused ports, which may contribute to the issue. Is my gamecube fried?

Pics:

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
I don't know if your board is fried or not but I can say that none of those aluminum capacitors are required for the board to boot.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
I don't think that's an audio cap, it's probably video. Depending on your screen, if it's not getting video, it might not initialize audio. Try grabbing video directly from the encoder.

I don't think that's an audio cap, it's probably video. Depending on your screen, if it's not getting video, it might not initialize audio. Try grabbing video directly from the encoder.
Ok, I thought it was an audio cap because of what I read on The Definitive GC motherboard trimming guide. Is the encoder the same thing as the AV chip?