Question Ideas For Mods, Not Sure If Possible

Other then modding original GBA's with backlit screens I'm not that good at modding. But I'm intrested in it. I had a couple cool ideas for mods but I lack the experiance and know how to even attempt them. So here are the ideas, Moding a PSP as a home Console to use UMD Discs to play PSP games on the tv. The Second is modding a Wii U to play DS games on the TV with the TV as the top screen and the gamepad as the touchscreen. These are just ideas that I have no idea if are even possible but if anyone could let me know I'd apericiate it.

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Other then modding original GBA's with backlit screens I'm not that good at modding. But I'm intrested in it. I had a couple cool ideas for mods but I lack the experiance and know how to even attempt them. So here are the ideas, Moding a PSP as a home Console to use UMD Discs to play PSP games on the tv. The Second is modding a Wii U to play DS games on the TV with the TV as the top screen and the gamepad as the touchscreen. These are just ideas that I have no idea if are even possible but if anyone could let me know I'd apericiate it.
The PSP already has a video out feature, so you could effectively use it as a home console with no modifications.

The Wii U already supports DS games.

The PSP already has a video out feature, so you could effectively use it as a home console with no modifications.

The Wii U already supports DS games.

Yes I know that. But you need to digitaly download the ds games to the Wii U from the eshop. I mean modding the console to play physiscal Ds games, like the GBA player for the GameCube. And as for the PSP, I ment taking it apart and creating a home console version of the system. Simular to those 3rd party ones that do the same for GameBoy and GBA games.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Yes I know that. But you need to digitaly download the ds games to the Wii U from the eshop. I mean modding the console to play physiscal Ds games, like the GBA player for the GameCube. And as for the PSP, I ment taking it apart and creating a home console version of the system. Simular to those 3rd party ones that do the same for GameBoy and GBA games.
Ah, then no, a "DS Player" like what you describe is not possible