Question How to make gboy?

Portables
OG boy
You all remember my notorious portable the AtrociWii G-rekt or something i can’t remember. Well its been sitting on my shelf in pieces because the a battery stopped working and i needed parts over time. I figured i may as well take it apart and make a g boy. I have looked at the manual and it doesn’t specifically say what i need and where to get it so i can put together my own gboy kit. Can anyone help me with this?

Portables
OG boy
I know this is the most sensible thing i have said since i joined.

You all remember my notorious portable the AtrociWii G-rekt or something i can’t remember. Well its been sitting on my shelf in pieces because the a battery stopped working and i needed parts over time. I figured i may as well take it apart and make a g boy. I have looked at the manual and it doesn’t specifically say what i need and where to get it so i can put together my own gboy kit. Can anyone help me with this?
You can check here for steps of how to build it and all the parts needed. https://manual.bitbuilt.net/guide/g-boy-rev-3-complete-kit-assembly/

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
DustinFisher updated the Rev3 case files and designed some custom PCBs to work with the new 4layertech boards. You can grab the unofficial Rev4 files here.

CrazyGadget made a list of helpful links for the project as well, and curtismods edited the case files to add some nice labels as well as support for a glass screen lens.

I recommend reading all the posts in that thread to get an idea of the problems and solutions people have come up with to make building the GBoy easier. Also if you live in the US, you should probably DM @Customledmods and ask if he has any of the GBoy PCB sets left. He was giving his spares away to anyone who would pay for local shipping

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I feel I should specify that the G-Boy PCB sets are mounting/breakout boards for the controls and the 4layertech boards, and do not actually include any of the 4layertech boards. You will have to purchase a PMS, PMS-PD 2, GC+, and U-AMP/RVL-AMP in addition to the G-Boy PCB set to build a G-Boy Rev4U (That's its name now, fight me)

Last edited:
Hey I was doing some more reading on the trim for the wii board and I read somewhere that the OMGWTF trim would work well for the GBOY build. Is this true or would it be better to follow the original trim guide?

Thanks

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hey I was doing some more reading on the trim for the wii board and I read somewhere that the OMGWTF trim would work well for the GBOY build. Is this true or would it be better to follow the original trim guide?

Thanks
The OMGWTF trim is the original, and is also the only supported trim. The LMAO and OMEGA trims are "do at your own risk". The manual for the OMGWTF trim has one alteration compared to the old Trimming Guide thread to retain the 4th heatsink screw hole for mounting the board in the case, which is needed for the Ashida and G-Boy. I'd follow the manual

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables