Solved Help please, Find the Short

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Ok just setup each voltage to a power switch to narrow down the problem and it seems that 1v and 1.15v can operate individually and together but once i introduce 3.3v, the wiipms shuts off. How can I track down the 3.3v voltage to find where the short is?
How about setting up your multimeter to measure the battery current, then you can see if the current is usually high or whatever is going on

Portables
I FIGURED IT OUT GUYS!! I feel really dam stupid for only thinking that something was wrong with the WiiPMS or the Wii motherboard, it was the wiring to the batteries! I had been using alligator clips for battery positive and negative (I think they couldn’t handle the current) but once I hard wired them to the WiiPMS, all the outputs work together!

the Wii boots :D

Last edited:

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
I FIGURED IT OUT GUYS!! I feel really dam stupid for only thinking that something was wrong with the WiiPMS or the Wii motherboard, it was the wiring to the batteries! I had been using alligator clips for battery positive and negative (I think they couldn’t handle the current) but once I hard wired them to the WiiPMS, all the outputs work together!

the Wii boots :D
That's great! I knew you could figure it out. Anyway it's always something dumb when you finally figure it out.

Portables
That's great! I knew you could figure it out. Anyway it's always something dumb when you finally figure it out.
Thanks Gman! It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders XD

And thanks Jefflongo for your help, and I suppose I’ll have to make another portable after this one :D
Waiting for the case to dry on my current one 0u0

Also thanks to Noah, Xsping, Cheese, Stitches, and anyone else I forgot to mention!! I appreciate y’all