Question Help making internal controller.

I am very new to this portablizing, but I am very interested in making a portable wii (a Pwee if you will), but I do not know how to make a internal controller, while still keeping the 4 gamecube ports. Thanks in advance!

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
I am very new to this portablizing, but I am very interested in making a portable wii (a Pwee if you will), but I do not know how to make a internal controller, while still keeping the 4 gamecube ports. Thanks in advance!
Most people use the GC+ which is just a scaled down version of a GC controller motherboard for an internal controller (although it is temporarily out of stock from the store website). You would wire the buttons and joystick to this board. It will also need power and a connection to the Wiis data line for the controller to interface with the Wii. For the controller ports you would just supply power and the data lines for the ports. To use the controller ports in addition to an internal controller, connect a SPST switch where you input the p1 data line. One setting of the switch connects the data line to the internal controller, the other setting connects the data line to the GC port. This way you can toggle between an internal and external p1 controller.