Question Help designing a Wii Portable aka the Budii

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
Quick question, does this mean like the button switches and all that jazz? If so, can you please link me to where I can get some, because I don't know how to dissect a GC controller
You may be able to find some on eBay or Etsy, but really if you can't take apart a GameCube controller you should re-evaluate this project. Taking apart a GameCube controller is simply 6 triwing screws. Opening a Wii is much harder than that.

If you're instead referring to pushbuttons which the controller buttons will actuate, GameCube controllers don't use any, they use a silicone membrane, which can be done for a portable but most people just use tactile switches.

You may be able to find some on eBay or Etsy, but really if you can't take apart a GameCube controller you should re-evaluate this project. Taking apart a GameCube controller is simply 6 triwing screws. Opening a Wii is much harder than that.

If you're instead referring to pushbuttons which the controller buttons will actuate, GameCube controllers don't use any, they use a silicone membrane, which can be done for a portable but most people just use tactile switches.
Thanks!!! I underestimated how easy it was going to be, I thought I had to take apart the mainboard to get the switches, and then I saw that they don't have any!!! Does anybody know what tactile switches they use? I assume 3DS, but I don't want to take apart the 3DS I got a few years ago. If you bought some, could you link me to some????????

Last edited:
Hello,

Just an update on the Be Mii project. First, I am renaming it the Buddii, I felt that was a nicer name than the Be Mii. Next, I am going to be taking a break from this project, and will probably do a G-Boy as my first project.

Thanks for reading!!!

Megazeroex1