Worklog FIRST WII PORTABLE TIME

Alvaro

Portables
You don't have to sand a bunch of the board away, just make sure there are no shorts on the sides. Very high grit sandpaper doesn't take away much material at a time
Great! Sounds good. I also have one more question before im off to my planning, when I make my custom regualtors, can I use a 90k ohm resistor on lets say the 3.3v voltage which only needs 1.89k ohm? So can I just buy like 10 90k ohm and use 4 of them with my regulators?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Great! Sounds good. I also have one more question before im off to my planning, when I make my custom regualtors, can I use a 90k ohm resistor on lets say the 3.3v voltage which only needs 1.89k ohm? So can I just buy like 10 90k ohm and use 4 of them with my regulators?
No, you can't just go 90k on them all. The resistor you use tells the regulator what voltage to output, so you have to be close to the resistor values in the table. You can UNDERshoot the resistor values by 5-10% and have no problems, but you shouldn't go too close to that 10% if you can possibly avoid it.

Alvaro

Portables
No, you can't just go 90k on them all. The resistor you use tells the regulator what voltage to output, so you have to be close to the resistor values in the table. You can UNDERshoot the resistor values by 5-10% and have no problems, but you shouldn't go too close to that 10% if you can possibly avoid it.
So I can go close like go a little under or a little bit over?

YveltalGriffin

First Wii U Trimmer
Portables
So I can go close like go a little under or a little bit over?
Make sure you're not asking a question that's just been answered. We're here to help, but Stitches just answered that question, complete with guideline percentage error. :)

Alvaro

Portables
I took out U5 ic and it did not go smoothly. Any tips to take out U10? Still haven't taken out C1.

Attachments