Worklog First portable and first Ashida build

So update! I now have a working and fully functional Ashida, fan, LED, audio, video, bluetooth, MX chip and buttons are all working wonderfully and it boots consistently everytime. I did end up wiring the audio lines over the wii because I could not route them away from the voltage lines the other way to get rid of the interference but its fine. I am stoked.

The last problem I am having is I do not know how to set the RTC. Whenver I try to boot into the wii system home menu, I can get a wiimote to sync up, and I hear the wii home menu theme but no video comes out. I thought maybe I could change a setting in Priiloader but the system menu hacks wont load, keeps giving me a "cant find hacks_hash.ini" error. I also cant find any homebrew to set the RTC that would work without wifi so I am at a bit of a loss about that. And everytime I boot the thing I need to recalibrate my left stick because it wont go to the left

Attachments

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
So update! I now have a working and fully functional Ashida, fan, LED, audio, video, bluetooth, MX chip and buttons are all working wonderfully and it boots consistently everytime. I did end up wiring the audio lines over the wii because I could not route them away from the voltage lines the other way to get rid of the interference but its fine. I am stoked.

The last problem I am having is I do not know how to set the RTC. Whenver I try to boot into the wii system home menu, I can get a wiimote to sync up, and I hear the wii home menu theme but no video comes out. I thought maybe I could change a setting in Priiloader but the system menu hacks wont load, keeps giving me a "cant find hacks_hash.ini" error. I also cant find any homebrew to set the RTC that would work without wifi so I am at a bit of a loss about that. And everytime I boot the thing I need to recalibrate my left stick because it wont go to the left
Did you relocate the RTC battery?

I did! I just dont know how to set it without getting to the wii home menu lol

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I did! I just dont know how to set it without getting to the wii home menu lol
I'm afraid I don't know how either. Settings Editor GUI lets you change almost everything, but the system clock isn't on its function list

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
Wire up composite to the screen and temporarily disconnect mode from 3v3, switch the screen to AV and then go to the home menu. Set the time, then you can undo the composite wiring and reconnect mode to 3v3.

Wire up composite to the screen and temporarily disconnect mode from 3v3, switch the screen to AV and then go to the home menu. Set the time, then you can undo the composite wiring and reconnect mode to 3v3.
ooo that's a good call, okay I will try that! thanks!

Portables
Hi Pez Blast. Great worklog! I was able to reference a lot and fix a bunch of issues I had on my own build.

How did you fix the audio issue you were having earlier?
So update! I now have a working and fully functional Ashida, fan, LED, audio, video, bluetooth, MX chip and buttons are all working wonderfully and it boots consistently everytime.