Worklog Dolphin Boy 2.0!

I've been working on this for a commission for a while now and this is what I've got done. I'd like to enter this into the competition. More info on the work soon.

IMG_7693.JPG IMG_7694.JPG IMG_7696.JPG down.png

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Good work, the case looks like a real dmg. Also nice soldering too

watsug

You can almost send it to a manufacturing facility now with the cnc trimming and printed cases. Will follow this for sure

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Why have you cut the heatsink in that way? What is the purpose of that S-like shape?

it's not actually an S shape, I've bent the fins left and right alternating so the cool air moving cools the fins more effectively (credit to Ashen)

Soldering looks nice and clean.

Is the case the size of a DMG as well?
Thanks! I owe a lot of the cleanness to some awesome advice from Megalomaniac and a flux+ denatured alcohol combo

I actually don't have one around to check. It should be but it wasn't my intention. I sized it based around 6 18650s and a GC mobo. ~180mm X ~60mm X ~25mm

If anyone could help, it'd be appreciated. I've got a WASP wired up and I've tested all the connections and the dip switches are set to NTCS but for some reason, upon start up the blue LED blinks like normal and Swiss shows up as the playable game but when I select Swiss, it just does a loop of of the startup animation, each time the blue LED blinks like normal.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Looking at your older pictures, is Lid switch connected together?

It looks like it might be a voltage problem? I wired up some different regulators and now it won't turn on when the fans connected. And when the fan is disconnected, it does a similar boot loop but now it doesn't even get to the start up and it has a small blue flash before looping. I'll try sanding the edges more as well.

EDIT: been at this for days.... Turns out my 3.3v wire wasn't thick enough. No words can describe the facepalm of completely rewiring a WKF, memory card, and regulators to come to this conclusion

Last edited:

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
Cool prints. How did you fuse them together, ABS slurry made with acetone? I'm currently trying to un-pickle a jar to make some but I'd rather probably do it another way if possible.