Worklog Dolphin Boy 2.0!

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
There's something magical about putting regulators in that particular spot on the motherboard. Also, I love the soldered bolts on the heatsink.

I've haven't tried all of the acetone and melting stuff extensively so I have no input but I don't see a point in this application being its not really for looks more for making the connection which super glue does wonders for with plastic. If you print an extra ~.5 mm wall thickness you can sand it smooth with dry and wet sanding to get a really sweet case. I'd reccomend white ABS if you plan on sanding so the "discoloration" type effect on anything other than white that's been sanded doesn't happen if that makes any sense.

nice work.

how you do the controller relocation? i cannot make i work :c

sure.
i have a mobo with the omgwtf cut. Tried to connect the trnsistor and data lines for player 1 to the cpu vias, wire also the ground but doesn't work to me

this is my current configuration but cant make it work. also i have wired the 3,3v source. I dont know if is right

Some of your problems probably stem from cutting so close to the transistors. Make sure you wire the transistor correctly and your ground and 3.3v that go to the controller are wired correctly. Also, you can make your own thread for portables you're working on to keep things more organized.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
if the memory card is working WHY ARE THERE NO CHARACTERS UNLOCKED?

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Is that bios battery holder 3d printed? Kinda looks it from the picture. I usually just dont include one or wrap wire around it, but that looks pretty nice what you got going.

JacksonS

Portables
I never thought of putting a tact switch upside down. I bet that works better since there's a nice flat surface on top.

Does anyone know if I wire the data line directly to the controller chip? I had connection perfectly before I wired up the buttons but now that it's installed with the buttons and stuff it no longer works :/ I'm not getting 100ohms from the input to the pin either. Suggestions?