Question Do i need the wii coin battery

xiuvx

Portables
Hi I've modded my wii with rv loader for a portable and I was wondering if I needed to use that coin battery thing or if I can just not use thanks :)

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
The coin battery is used to hold the time for the RTC. If you remove it, the Wii will still work fine, but it will not hold the date / time.

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
The coin cell battery is used by the RTC (real time clock). In other words, you only need the coin cell if you're relocating the MX chip and want RTC functionality.

Also, it looks like you've created a few threads for various questions - consider creating a worklog for your project and ask questions there. Numerous threads with one question each clutter the forum listings and don't add much value.

xiuvx

Portables
The coin cell battery is used by the RTC (real time clock). In other words, you only need the coin cell if you're relocating the MX chip and want RTC functionality.

Also, it looks like you've created a few threads for various questions - consider creating a worklog for your project and ask questions there. Numerous threads with one question each clutter the forum listings and don't add much value.
Ok great thank you next time I ask a question I will make a worklog about the project :)