BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hey! I'm just checking this place out, I wanted to view the discord too. I'm usually more of a lurker.

Bloxzy

Hello! I'm Bloxzy and I'm new to portables but not to electronics! I am currently working on custom portable retro console that does use emulators but once I wrap that project up, its on to my first wii portable!

yo! i'm an electrical engineering student and i want to expand my actual abilities beyond the math and plugging wires in lol

Hey everyone,

I go by Riguetti, and I'm the newest member around here. I'm excited to be a part of this amazing community!

Currently, I'm working on an exciting project: I'm turning a Wii U controller into a portable device for Wii games. The idea is to take the fun of my favorite games wherever I go.

I'm looking forward to learning from you all, sharing my progress, and soaking in valuable tips and insights. If anyone has done something similar or has suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Welcome to the forums! Looking forward to your project. The scene and technologies of portablizing has come a long, long way in the past 12 years. Many standard practices of yesteryear like PSOne screens and gamecubes are obsolete, so make sure to read through the guides. It'll make your life a lot easier. And remember, if you get stuck, we are here to help :D
Hi everyone , i'm a new poster in this forum even tough i've been following it's events since 2021.
I am here to document the development and build of my Wii portable based off the Gman's "G-wii", i choosed that specific portable because out of all portables i've seen it has a good compromise of esthetic look and difficulty of the build itself, so i think it's a good point to start and learn.

I will post updates if i have time and i gently ask for your aid if you have any tips or advice for a beginner , and from now on i will keep informing myself about the "g-wii" in specific.

Since i don't want to make multiple posts i will put some questions i have here:

-What wii board revision should i look out for?
-Do you think aliexpress is good to buy parts for my portable?
-Should i take a step back and choose another potable to build?
-Even if most portables have a vga screen, is it possible to fit a vga-hdmi converter to have a video output on the console itself?
-Since i don't have a 3d printer yet i iwll rely on printing services. I was looking out for PcbWay because of their quality even if their prints are a bit expensive imo, do you reccomend PcbWay? and why?

Thanks in advance for any response and have a good night modders!

After watching @Shank's latest video on YouTube I could no longer resist and had to build a portable. Had to.

This is my first time using any kind of form or online discussion besides Facebook. So please be patient with me if I unintentionally violate any rules or social norms. Just let me know and I'll do better in the future.

I am about 80% of the way through building my first portable, an Ashida as designed by Wesk.

Profile image generated with Dall-e 2.

Hello Gamecube was my first console that I personally owned with my own money and it's one of my most favorite of all time. I registered here as I plan on seeking out a smaller Gamecube due to a disability in my spinal cord even handhelds can be a bit much due to weight but i have some OLED glasses that I can use which make all the difference for relaxing in bed.

Love the NES through Gamecube and those are my peak years in gaming.

Zak

I've had an interest in wii portables for a while now, but now am wanting to actually start building and learning in depth.