Question Best way to get HDMI out of a Wii

Portables
In my portable I've been experimenting with a Tendall Wii2HDMI from Amazon, and have been having trouble hard-wiring it. Even when it did work. there were lots of white dots on the output, and it looked not great. What
I'm looking for is something that I can solder to the Wii and get a 1080P output from.

I've been hearing talk about the GCVideo possibly being the best solution for the Wii, but since the GC uses 3.3v, and the Wii uses 1.8v, it isn't compatible yet. Also, I saw that in Ashen's portable he used a component to VGA converter, but I'm not sure if that upscales to 1080P or not.

Since the Wii is getting more viable for a portable by the minute, I thought this would be a good topic to discuss.

JacksonS

Portables
The component to VGA converter use by Ashen looks good, but it does not support a 480i component signal. It does not upscale (some HDMI converters do not upscale either). The Wii can usually output in just 480p, but there are some times (like in certain GC games) where 480i is more convenient and thus the VGA converter would not work.

The Wii component to HDMI converters do support a 480i component signal. I have recently ordered the "Musou Wii To HDMI Converter" and it works very well for me. I can connect it to a Wii U (where it gets a 1080p component signal) and it looks nearly the same as the Wii U's native HDMI output.

The Sewell Wii to HDMI is the best around. It doesn't upscale but it gives the best 480p HDMI image possible.