Anyone know where to find these small joysticks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luis Mendonça, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Luis Mendonça .

Hi everyone, I am looking for these small joysticks, since they would be great in portabilizing.
    Even tough a big normal joystick is much more confortable, they are bulky and sometimes too high.
    Here are somes I found, one in a thread here in bitbuilt, this thread:

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/cts-electrocomponents/254SA103B50A/254SA103B50A-ND/1755919

But that part is now obsolete, and I can't find it on any other site. I also tried searching (Mainly on digikey), but I couldn't find anything similar, only big normal ones, like this and this.
    And I know they differ in directions (4 way, 2 way), but they are very similar.

Another place I can find them is on bluetooth controllers like this Moga I have here:

20190803_112231.jpg
    20190803_112236.jpg
    20190803_112239.jpg

They very much probably are the same 254SA103B50A, but somehow the one here on this Moga looks to have a bigger shaft... I don't know.

So, anyone know where to find anything similar? Or share some knowledge here...
    I found this site only with parts avaiable, but from what I understood, they are charging 16 dollars a piece of it... =/
    Thanks in advance!

2. hazardousracerx .

Portables:
    I couldn't find any supply of similar sticks either. It might be worth buying some cheap/broken bluetooth controllers and removing the sticks & switches from those or use the switch joycon sticks.

You might be able to find a joycon stick breakout adapter, or someone on this site might have a board you could get printed & populate.

I did find this supplier of the original SMT joysticks, but they don't list a price or minimum quantity for order. You have to contact them for details:

https://www.kynix.com/Parts/3320688/254SA103B60B.html

Luis Mendonça likes this.
  3. Luis Mendonça .

Thanks man! I was thinking about buying broken small controllers aswell, but could not find any around where I live, and importing broken things seems like a very bad idea.

The main reason I did not want to use switch joysticks was because of their price, but if I can't find a more viable solution with that site you sent me, I will probably just get them anyway. Here on Bitbuilt there is a guide which points out which ffc/fpc to use with it, but I never tried myself, since I'm going to go with custom boards for my projects, the building part will not be a problem really.

Again, thanks dude, I will try to update here with whatever solution I came up with.

hazardousracerx and Stitches like this.