Question Acquiring a WASP Fusion

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Besides trading with people, it seems nobody is stocking it. It may be a good idea to try and switch to a Wii if you haven't gotten too far/can't find a WASP...

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
I think eurasia will restock. I thought I had fried mine so I went to buy another one and they were out of stock. I figured they weren't going to restock any time soon, so I just put the disc drive in my gcp instead. They were restocked within the week :P. I'd say either switch to a wii portable or give it some time and check periodically

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
Didn't mega buy the rest of the available supply of wasps?

Noah

retired
Portables
Just go into TeamSpeak when Mega isn't in the AFK channel or go onto his stream and ask him there cause odds are he has at least one laying around somewhere.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Wasps aren't really practical for anyone to stock anymore. Most people who want them for home consoles already have them, most portablizers who used them have moved onto the Wii. For the GC scene in general, I'm almost certain that someone's probably already developing something even better. Mega might stock them in the future, but I'd say the metaphorical well has run dry.

Acronell

Aquafam
Capital District, New York, United States
I was looking to get a wasp myself, but after having difficulties finding one I started looking for a Wode Jukebox instead, found a lot of places that claim to have them stocked, but no replies when I ask about it.

The Wode can load homebrew as well, without the need for a Wasp

Portables
3/4
I have 3 WiiKey Fusions and 2 WASP Fusions laying around but I haven't had time to test them so not totally sure they all work. I got them from another user awhile back as a huge lot sale that included some GC boards, N64 boards, etc. I put in an order with BadAssConsoles for a couple of MegaDrive's in September but since I don't have them yet I haven't been able to do any testing.

I might be willing to part with a couple if they test out to be working, I would just hate to sell someone something that is fried. I do plan on doing a couple GCp's in the future just for the challenge/fun of it but with how much better/easier the Wii is to mod and portablize, (along with all the awesome new MerWii Christmas announcements) I think I will be coming over to the dark side and making the switch to the Wii and shouldn't really need all 5. :D

Is there a good way to test test them without wiring them up to a GameCube motherboard? I know they were originally made for the Wii and I have an extra Wii now but all the research I've done has been on how to make with work with the GameCube so I'm not sure how I would test them using a Wii...

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Haha I saw that website, looked pretty sketch, don't know what to make of it.
I've ordered from aliexpress before and received my order on time. I'd say it's like eBay, but without the eBay buyer protection. So you should be careful who you buy from, but I'd say the majority of it is legit.

I used one of those disposable reloadable visas so that my info was safe, but I don't know if they accept those any more. If they do, that's what I'd recommend doing :)

Frahack

Aliexpress is a good site like madmorda said and the sellers are good too,
I buy from there since 2 years and all packages arrived in about 1 month in my country, only a package arrived w/ broken content and the seller refunded me.
The way to know if a seller is good is reading the reviews, and for this wasp fusion the reviews are good.

I hope you can understand my english

Noah

retired
Portables
It is but then you can't add/remove games
SD Card slot, not SD card. You can build an adapter that will do the reverse of the SD Gecko so that you can put a memory card into the SD cart slot and still use it for its intended purpose.

You don't load games off of slot B anyways, you load them off of the WASP SD slot which is connected through to the disc drive port, not memory card.

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
SD Card slot, not SD card. You can build an adapter that will do the reverse of the SD Gecko so that you can put a memory card into the SD cart slot and still use it for its intended purpose.

You don't load games off of slot B anyways, you load them off of the WASP SD slot which is connected through to the disc drive port, not memory card.
In that video tutorial didn't it say you need to swap the 2 SD cards during the flashing process? That wouldn't be possible with it wired to the memory card port.

EDIT: I'm stupid, you're saying to wire an SD port to the memory card slot pins so that you can swap the SD cards easily without the SD gecko, that sounds reasonable. Is there documentation on how to wire that?

Last edited: