Search results

1. Worklog D_Crepp's Wii Micro

All right, cool. Thanks for the tips.
  2. Worklog D_Crepp's Wii Micro

All right... So, I can solder wires to each other or to pads no problem, I cannot remove chips like the U10 very well. I only have solder wick and that removed a good bit of it, I think, but I still can't budge it without trying so hard as to break it. Would anyone recommend a hair dryer as an...
  3. Worklog D_Crepp's Wii Micro

Those are very fair points....my apologies for the trouble. This first time, I will go ahead with the original trim and save the experimentation for another date. I'm still intending to keep the USB and Analog ports attached, though. Is it easier to remove the one regulator prior to trimming or...
  4. Worklog D_Crepp's Wii Micro

The only real advantage would be that much more space for other components (of which I not yet have) but I'm sure that can be respected. The Case is rectangular, 154 x 120mm (judged by putting my calipers up to my untrimmed Wii and giving a little bit extra around the perimeter, so those...
  5. Worklog D_Crepp's Wii Micro

My apologies for the frustration I seem to be stirring, perhaps I should explain my thought process before I move on. My intent was to start with the OMGWTF trim lines as depicted in the Wii Trimming Guide. Yes, I misplaced my first line and put it right over the NAND traces, but I've fixed...
  6. Worklog D_Crepp's Wii Micro

Fourth Try...
  7. Worklog D_Crepp's Wii Micro

That's what I thought it, thanks for clearing that up. I don't plan on using batteries for this, just the USB-C port to get power from the wall. A simple little board from Adafruit or so should work fine, correct? I've fixed my trim line, it looks close but I cut outside of the lines and sand...
  8. Worklog D_Crepp's Wii Micro

Okay, I see it in the LMAO and OMGWTF trims. I need to move that trim line over about another 6-12mm and clear all those traces around the hole; Ginger is correct, I don't want to relocate the NAND. I will fix the trim line when I get home. I've Read the trim troubleshooting guide and will...
  9. Worklog D_Crepp's Wii Micro

As I've posted in a couple of other places, I want to take a shot at building a Wii Micro. This build is inspired by @Gman and @jefflongo . Gman for coming up with the concept and perfecting it through his permutations of the Wii micro over time. Then Jeff's worklog broke down really well how to...
  10. Worklog My first Wii micro

Nvm. The Revision Identification Guide doesn't say whether or not a specific revision can have PM installed into it or not, and noticed the question about the USB drive.
  11. Worklog My first Wii micro

Could it be a bad 4-Layer revision? I think the Revision guide has answers to PM not installing. I'm also planning on building a Wii Micro myself.
  12. Question WiFi Module Not Responding

I fixed it; I just ran the Cheese Installer again from the Homebrew Channel and selected the option to restore the WiFi IOS. Everything is working as it should now.
  13. Question WiFi Module Not Responding

I was planning on using D2X and just override the necessary slots. I watched the PortablizeMii video tutorial again and remembered that I downloaded the pack with no WiFi, and the IOS in that pack would disable the consoles ability to get online, I think? So if I downloaded the PM pack with the...
  14. Question WiFi Module Not Responding

Hello, I am planning to modify my old Wii console into a Wii Micro. I've done a lot of research from guides, worklogs and such from this site and feel comfortable enough to attempt the project. However... I have some slight problems. I have the Homebrew installed and followed a tutorial on...
  15. Question GamePi Advance Attachment

I found this a while back, a very detailed documentation on the Gamecube. Section 2.4.1 is the part I looked at for the pinouts of the different ports. There are no pictures of anything, but they do list the pins by number and have what they do in charts: https://www.gc-forever.com/yagcd/...
  16. Question GamePi Advance Attachment

Hello; I've had a project on my desk for some months now, where the idea was to modify the Gameboy cartridge player for the Gamecube, remove the board and replace it with a Raspberry Pi with RetroPie. This way, not only can the bottom attachment display Gameboy cartridges, it can also emulate...