Question WiFi Module Not Responding

Hello, I am planning to modify my old Wii console into a Wii Micro. I've done a lot of research from guides, worklogs and such from this site and feel comfortable enough to attempt the project. However... I have some slight problems.

I have the Homebrew installed and followed a tutorial on YouTube of how to install the IOS's necessary to rip games and play them through a USB via D2X. This first attempt didn't work very well, using CleanRip for Wii games would have the install screen go black about halfway through every time. Then I decided to use USB LoaderGX to do it, but the wait times went up to 70 hours. Clearly, something was wrong here. (I also installed Portablize Mii to this Wii as I had the ambitions to make a portable but I'm settling on the Wii Micro.)

I have a second, more new Wii console that I decided to put homebrew onto as a test. This second time, following a different tutorial where it was different IOS's on the D2X to install and cut out a bunch of other stuff that I apparently didn't need to properly use USB LoaderGX. I have successfully installed 8 games and have ordered a larger flash drive to rip more games onto.

That being said, I wanted to go back to the first Wii and get my IOS's overridden; however, I made the decision to uninstall the Homebrew Channel and reinstall because the screen was upside down....(more on that in a second) Then I get into D2X and I my overrides keep failing, because the WiFi isn't responding. I try to reconnect to the internet but my Wii can't find an access point. Come to find out I should not have un and reinstalled Homebrew as that can cause issues, and it may be the cause of the problem.

Is there a way around this issue to get my console back online? I was thinking of formatting the Wii and starting from scratch all over again, though I don't want to go that extreme if I don't have to. All help is appreciated.

And here is a picture of the current physical state of the Wii in question. The wires of the antennas are off to the right a bit, but they are connected.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
What are you using to reinstall the IOSes? I would suggest using MMM, and manually download the IOSes from the nus servers with NUS Downloader. This process doesn't require the wii to be online to install the stock IOSes, and mmm will manually load the correct IOS which should get around the issue where you reinstalled the homebrew channel.

I was planning on using D2X and just override the necessary slots. I watched the PortablizeMii video tutorial again and remembered that I downloaded the pack with no WiFi, and the IOS in that pack would disable the consoles ability to get online, I think? So if I downloaded the PM pack with the WiFi and override that IOS, I can get back into D2X to do what I need to do, then override a second time with the no WiFi PM pack, correct?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
I was planning on using D2X and just override the necessary slots. I watched the PortablizeMii video tutorial again and remembered that I downloaded the pack with no WiFi, and the IOS in that pack would disable the consoles ability to get online, I think? So if I downloaded the PM pack with the WiFi and override that IOS, I can get back into D2X to do what I need to do, then override a second time with the no WiFi PM pack, correct?
It would probably be best to just use MMM as I don't know if the installer will work correctly on d2x or whatever strange IOS concoction you may have on there

I fixed it; I just ran the Cheese Installer again from the Homebrew Channel and selected the option to restore the WiFi IOS. Everything is working as it should now.