Search results

1. Vrtxspltr

Glacier Ice G-boy worklog

Hello everyone. Hope you're all doing well I finally call the Glacier Ice Gboy done! Worklog ENIG surface finish is totally worth it. The weird analog and button problems vanished! I didn't even have to troubleshoot. I had no issues connecting the audio & LED. It was now time to rubberband...
  2. Vrtxspltr

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all had a great holiday and a pleasant first week. Time for some worklog update. Resin print First impression, It looks awesome! I went for the cheaper translucent option expecting it to be frosted and not clear. I had no intentions of painting the case at this...
  3. Vrtxspltr

Thanks Supertazon! I totally agree. Its a huge relief and kinda unbelievable to see the trim boot after all the things you do to it. The shell is pretty basic Translucent from PCBway. I plan to spray it with a clear coat. That's good to hear. Thanks Stitches. I'll go ahead and clip the nubbins :)
  4. Vrtxspltr

Hi everyone! Its almost 2024 and a perfect time to build a G-boy! or should I say the The G-Boy Rev4U! I'm making this a translucent shell with blue/white buttons so I'm calling it Glacier Ice! I have always wanted to build the Gboy from movement I saw it. Unfortunately I'm a little bit late...
  5. Vrtxspltr

Worklog Ashida, My first wii portable

I was able to fix it to a reasonable amount. Its by no means a perfect boot but it takes me a couple of quick restart to get going. I also didn't want to re-do my wiring since I scraped a lot off of some of the vias and getting a solid connection was a nightmare. Going through Gingers VODs and...
  6. Vrtxspltr

I got them from Aliexpress. You might want to order 2 sets of these since the Ashida uses two Z buttons. I reused the purple z button from my original GC controller buttons. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004531769873.html
  7. Vrtxspltr

Alright, One last update. I did a lot of testing and my Ashida had surprisingly good connections. It used to boot 10:10 times and the usb/audio had no issues at all. I was super satisfied with the build and finally ready to tighten the screws. This is where things took a turn :( I would have...
  8. Vrtxspltr

Finally! I was able to fix the audio issue. It was a combination of the MC wire length and not soldering the ground wrapping wire properly. The wire in the image is just a test. I re-did the wires properly and everything works great! Now time for some Wind Waker stress tests and on to the MX...
  9. Vrtxspltr

Worklog First portable and first Ashida build

Hi Pez Blast. Great worklog! I was able to reference a lot and fix a bunch of issues I had on my own build. How did you fix the audio issue you were having earlier?
  10. Vrtxspltr

I have no audio from the speaker or headphones. Not even static. Any ideas what might be causing this? Just to test, I played Wind Waker for about 30 mins and the following are my observations 1. Game works flawlessy. No glitches or visual artifacts. No sound. 2. L button was not working in...
  11. Vrtxspltr

Hello! Hope you all had a great weekend! I have a big update! I was able to get a lot done over the weekend and I almost have a fully working Ashida. :D I did run into a few issues that I'm having difficulty with. 1. Audio I have no audio output from the speaker or headphones. I did notice...
  12. Vrtxspltr

Hello everyone. Its time for another update. :) Spoiler alert, my trimmed wii is ALIVE!! I ran into a couple of beginner mistakes which I was well aware of and tried to avoid as mush as possible, but my eagerness got the better of me. I would like to reiterate for any beginners like me reading...
  13. Vrtxspltr

Awesome! Thank you CrazyGadget for explaining the resistances and continuity. That makes a lot of sense now. I'll also keep the lower grit sandpaper in mind for any future trims. :)
  14. Vrtxspltr

Hi all! I've been lurking on and off around Bitbuild for a couple of years now and finally got the courage to start my first portable. I'm super new to soldering and all things electrical. The max I did before this was swap out a couple of Gameboy and PSP shells. I started practicing soldering...
  15. Vrtxspltr

Discussion Ashida & G-Boy injection moulded shell expression of interest

Hey! I’m new here and looking to build my first Ashish. I’m interested in 1 or more Ashida shell in GameCube indigo.